Soon it will be Christmas day

Lilac smiled as the train came to a halt. She picked up her bags and followed her friends out of the train, she met her friend's parents and smiled as they went home, she looked around for her family, but couldn't see them. It wasn't until her father snuck up behind her and picked her up.

"Woah! Dad!" She laughed. Fleamont smiled at his daughter as he put her down.

"I missed you, sweetheart." He beamed

"Missed you too dad." She said as she hugged him tightly.

"Oh, look at my baby in her Hufflepuff robes!" Euphemia said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Come here my little petal" She beamed and hugged her daughter.

"Hi mum" she smiled at the comfort she had missed so much.

"Now come on home, I have some food on the stove." Euphemia smiled and pulled her children home.

As the family walked, Lilac noticed Sirius' mother sneering at him. She sent him a reassuring smile before feeling the familiar tug of the apparition.

She sighed as she landed in the living room of the house. She sighed and smiled.

"I missed this place so much." She said, making her parents smile.

"Nice to know you missed us too." Fleamont joked and tickled his daughter's sides.

"Now, tell us all about your time at Hogwarts."

"Well, I made friends with Sirius Black. He got sorted into Gryffindor with Me, Pete and a boy called Remus, who is a bit strange. He is ill a lot."

"I made friends with a whole group of people. There is Marena, Evie, Ross, Josep, Lily oh! and Severus!"

"I'm in love with Lily!" James yelled

"Woah, both of you. One at a time please" Euphemia smiled at the twins

"I'm in love," James spoke

"You have a girlfriend already?" Their father asked

"Not exactly-"

"Lily doesn't like him at all," Lilac said, smiling

"She will once she realises how great I am." James nudged his sister, who rolled her eyes

"Come on you two, we have a tree to decorate." Fleamont smiled.

The twins ran after their father while Euphemia shook her head with a fond smile before walking into the kitchen

Lilac smiled as her brother and father bickered about the decorations' colour. James wanted red, Fleamont wanted gold

"Typical Gryffindors. Why not both?"

The duo looked at her as if she were a genius

The boys left Lilac in charge of the design, something that she was good at. She had a very artistic eye.

"It looks amazing, Lilac-Marie" Fleamont smiled at his youngest

"Thanks, dad." She grinned

"Come on you three, dinner is ready!" Euphemia called.

Euphemia sat in her seat, a glass of Merlot in hand as her family sat down.

"What are your favourite classes?" Euphemia asked her children.

"Herbology."

"Flying."

"Monty, you owe me ten galleons." Mia grinned.

"Of course, my Mia." He rolled his eyes.

Lilac smiled at her parents. She and her brother were insanely lucky to have parents who not only love their children unconditionally but each other. their parents showed their affection for each other in many ways. They would hold hands more than needed, her father's arm was always gently holding Euphemia to his side, knowing that she wonders off to look at something that caught her eye. How her mother would link his arm to be closer to him when out on their walks around the village. Then, of course, there was the fact that they voiced their love several times throughout the day.

"Oh! mum, Peter got sorted into Gryffindor with me and we have quite a big friend group, though Lily will eventually fall into it."

"This Lily. Do you pester her?"

"I only confess my-"

"-My undying love for such a beautiful girl, whose hair resembles the red leaves of Autumn as well as the burning fire in my heart." Lilac finished dramatically

Euphemia and Fleamont looked stunned.

"Well, that is deep," Fleamont said, filling the silence

"James, sweetheart, you aren't going to gain her affection by pestering her. Be her friend rather than trying to go for a relationship. You are fat and too young for that."

"That isn't the problem, mum. The problem is the greasy dungeon bat that she hangs around with-"

"Don't talk about Sev like that James" Lilac looked at her brother

"It's true!"

"Who is Sev?" Fleamont asked, noticing his daughter defending someone, who could be a boy

"A greasy boy that my Lily was sitting with when I felt the sting of true love. He is a Slytherin, bound to cause trouble." James said

"Lily and I's friend, who James and his group like to torment and I'll have you know, the Slytherins are a lot kinder than Ravenclaws or other Gryffindors."

"I only asked if he ever washes. He has enough grease to cook a meal."

"James Potter!" Euphemia scolded

"First of all, we did not raise you to be so cruel, number two, it is not very nice to judge someone based on their house. How would you like it if someone said that Lilac was stupid and weak?" Fleamont asked his son

"I wouldn't," James said looking down.

"Then don't assume that a Slytherin is evil."

James nodded

"Now, let's not dwell on whatever this little spat was. What is your favourite part of Hogwarts?" Euphemia asked, making James light up again.

Lilac smiled as she lay on her bed, god she missed her bed. She had just closed her eyes when her door opened to reveal her brother.

"Can I come in?" He asked. Lilac smiled and nodded. He walked over and sat on the bed.

"What's up?"

"Did you see Sirius with his parents earlier? I'm worried about him." James sighed

"I am too," Lilac spoke

"But I am sure that he will be alright. Sirius is smart, he will keep out of trouble."

"Will he? He doesn't at school"

"Yeah, but he knows the difference between school and home. I'm sure he will be okay" She reassured her brother and hugged him. James hugged her back.

"Love you Lila-may," He said.

"Love you too James" James left her room and she let out a sigh.

She just hoped Sirius was okay