Chapter 2.1: Kushida's Master?!

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

1st May, 7:15 PM

  "How so?"

As she leaned closer to me, her breath tickled my ear, and the scent of her perfume flooded my senses.

"Because I know about the white room," she purred, so the camera wouldn't register her words.

For a moment, my heart sank to my stomach. Those words shattered my serenity.

"You..."

"I have no intention of revealing your identity, senpai," she revealed, winking at me as she rose from my lap.

Why does she know about the white room? There was also no guarantee that she was telling the truth about her intentions.

"Buuut, you have to cook for me tomorrow."

"If you cook the day after tomorrow, sure," I remarked, attempting to negotiate something to my advantage.

Even if she rejected my proposal, I should stick to what she says for now until I can be sure she really has no plans to expose my identity.

"Mh... All right. I'll just cook for you," she replied after a moment's thought, blowing me an air kiss as she headed out of the apartment.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

3rd May, 10:45 AM

Since it was the weekend, I decided to meet up with Hirata as I was in need of some information about Karuizawa. However, I arrived an hour early and decided to kill time by visiting an Internet café and trying some video games.

The internet café was dimly lit, and the air was thick with the smell of sweat and instant noodles.

I settled into a game of "Valorant," a 5v5 shooter where players must plant or defuse a bomb. I randomly chose the character "Phoenix," who could control fire. The score was 12-11 for our opponents, and I found myself in a 2v2 situation with Jett, who had low health. We headed to the side and planted the bomb.

Immediately after that, a teammate of mine sent a text message in the chat.

[Throw your Molotov under her, you can heal her.]

Really? Listening to his advice, I threw my fireball beneath her feet, but instead of healing, she died.

"Argh! What is this dude doing?!"

I ended up losing the 1v2 situation, and the game ended in a defeat. The girl screaming earlier stood up and scanned her surrounding as she gave away an enraged air from her.

"You! You played Phoenix, right?!" the blue short-haired girl prompted, the veins bulging on her forehead and throat, emanating a seething rage.

Her short blue hair was disheveled, adding to her wild appearance. In addition, her clomping footsteps echoed throughout the room as she approached me, her eyes blazing with fury.

"Uhm, yes. What's wrong?" I inquired, rotating around while perched in the gaming chair.

She was Jett, the other duelist in my team. If I was not mistaken, she was called Ibuki in the game.