Chapter 1.5: Girls, Thighs, Piano

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

22nd April, 7:10 PM

  "You..." growled Kushida, a shade of frustration in her voice as she folded her arms in front of her chest and averted her eyes, her eyes betraying her vexation.

Despite her annoyance, she did not object to the notion.

The sole motive for saying this was so the door would remain open. If "love" is more than kissing, I am tempted to try it in the future.

"In any case, what do you think we should do at the end of the month?"

"We'll split up," she answered without any hesitation, shooting me a scowl.

If I was in her position, I would do the same. In fact, I was hoping for her to say this. Peacefully, I settled myself back onto the sofa.

"Sounds reasonable, but let's do this again tomorrow," I asserted, referring to her maid costume.

The thought of seeing her in this outfit again thrilled me somewhat. As there are only seven days left, I should thoroughly relish them.

"I can't," Kushida intoned in exasperation and proceeded to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

"Why?" I countered Kushida's instant declination.

"I'll meet someone," she revealed, her body language disclosing her reluctance to pursue the conversation.

"To befriend them?"

Kushida sighed, her shoulders slumping, clearly peeved by my inquisitiveness, but she answered nonetheless.

"Yes, Hasebe Haruka and some others," she explained in a flat, discomfited tone.

Some others?

Hasebe was from our class, and she wasn't exactly sociable, to my knowledge. Frankly, everything I heard about her was about her looks, or more specifically, her body.

Kushida could become a valuable asset for me since she already has so many connections. And since she was planning on befriending everyone anyway, I guess I should let her.

"Then I'll join."

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

23rd April, 3:10 PM

  "For today, class is dismissed," Chabashira decreed as the hour neared its end.

Undeterred, the majority of the students stampeded out of the classroom. Not long after, Kushida approached my table with her habitual smile.

"Wait for me outside, I want to ask Chabashira something," I told her, whereupon Kushida's smile broadened in affirmation as she loafed out of the room with Inogashira.

With every bypassing second, the commotion lessened.

Lastly, the dark-haired student Horikita—who only possesses a meager three points and no longer fourteen—raised from her perch and scuttled away. I ambled to the front of the room where Chabashira was arranging her paper on the clipboard.

"Chabashira, what would happen to one if their partner is expelled?" I questioned forthrightly, my hands in my pockets.

Instead of an answer, however, she just proceeded with her activity, disregarding my question and presence.