Chapter 1.3: Turned Tables

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

15th April, 7:30 PM

  "Did you witness everything?"

The tone in which Kushida spoke was vastly different from the innocent girl she had heretofore impersonated. The dark circles beneath her eyes only accentuated the gravitas of her voice, which tinged deeper, more resolute, and emphasized the palpable tension in the atmosphere.

    "I certainly expected you to be a little wicked, but certainly not that rotten," I provoked, sauntering in her direction until the streetlight shone on us.

    "If you tell someone about this, you'll pay," she threatened as she inched closer to me until stopping roughly twenty-five centimeters in front of me.

The air she radiated was neither hospitable nor warm but rather forbidding. My gaze was inevitably drawn to the phone she was cradling in her hand, her grip so firm it seemed as if she was about to crush the device with sheer force.

Of course, she wasn't that physically strong, but her grasp merely demonstrated how petulant and frustrated she was.

    "How so?" I queried, deliberately sounding foolish to heighten her frustration even further.

Upon my question, the wrinkles on her forehead multiplied, and she tiptoed closer to my face with her lilac-hued iris, demonstrating her frown and anger.

    "I'll tell everyone that you tried to rape me," she declared with a menacing glint in her eyes.

Rape, huh? The surveillance camera in our living room should be sufficient evidence to clear most of my name. Although, of course, it wouldn't quite establish my innocence if she accused me.

    "We both know this would be a false accusation," I countered with a perfectly calm, uncaring tone.

    "It wouldn't," she denied, backing off by stop tiptoeing and grabbing my hand with her free hand.

    "What are you doing?" I asked while she slowly pulled my hand closer to her torso.

Before I knew it, my hand perceived a soft sensation incomparable to anything else. With her hand, Kushida forced my hand against her chest.

So that's how it is, huh?

    "See? There is proof. Your fingerprints are now right there."

The contrast between our emotions was stark. While she was tilting, I remained composed.

    "You're quite amusing, Kikyou."

Thereupon, she released my hand and retreated while retaining her sinister mien.