Deathstone Part II

Pietro's POV

"So, do you think it is March?" Wanda asked me, and I nodded.

"I am nearly positive," I said quietly. March Von Prime was an eighteen year old girl who had been involved with HYDRA even before Wanda and I joined. She had jet black hair in neat curls, very pale skin, and large, strange, sand-colored eyes that made her seem ever so mysterious. She had been a friend for a short while. She and someone called the Winter Soldier, a skilled man with a bionic arm who was quiet but seemed kind and forgiving. Neither of the two had been in Sokovia for long, only five days. But March had been the one who arranged that we saw each other the day the Winter Soldier got off HYDRA's radar. It was the first time Wanda and I had spoken since before we were experimented on. In a way, March freed us from our cells.

"I wonder how she escaped HYDRA," Wanda said.

"Perhaps with the stone Hill was talking about," I suggested. "But the real question is, what is the stone and where did she get it?"

"Do you think it is like Vision's mind stone?"

"Maybe. But I think it's something different. I think it's something else HYDRA found along with the scepter. They said they found dozens of Chitauri artifacts. Perhaps there was more to it than just rubble besides the scepter, maybe the rocks had power." We thought it over for a minute, then Clint came in the room.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Fine," Wanda said, "it's just...she might be a friend." Clint looked at us with pity.

"Sorry," he said. "Let's bring her back in one piece, then. And hopefully each other in one piece. Look at this footage I found of Deathstone." A video played on the tablet he was holding. A figure of a dark haired girl wearing a greenish-black glowing stone around her neck, and about three dozen screaming people breaking into millions of little pieces and scattering on he ground like smashed porcelain. I sat up taller uncomfortably, seeing the terrible image.

"Oh my God," Wanda whispered. "March. That's her, Pietro. That is definitely March."

"Let's go," I said. "Maybe we can talk some sense into an old friend."