chapter 2

Yuki felt somebody nudging her softly, she opened her eyes slowly.

“Wake up sleepy head, we’re here.” said Robert grinning.

Yuki rubbed her eyes and sat up straight. The door opened and she stepped out. Her mouth hung open at the huge building that was before her.

“What is this?” she asked.

“Welcome to Washington.” He said grinning at her shocked expression.

“What is this place?” Yuki  asked.

“This is a special boarding school for special people like yourself. I think you will like it here, it’s better than where you came from anyway.” He said casually.

Yuki stared at him in disbelief.

“Wait, I will be attending this boarding school?” she  asked.

Robert nodded once and checked the time.

“But I thought-”

“That I would use you right away.” he said

She nodded.

He smiled and put his hands on her shoulder.

“Yuki, the House is a horrible place. You didn’t have time to have a pleasant childhood, you were just forced to grow up and take care of yourselves. I want you to get proper and right education and finish your studies. After that, you can get into action.”

She stared at him. “But, I’ve already killed-”

Robert immediately put a finger on her mouth making her stop talking.

He chuckled once. “I know. You’re a perfect assassin Yuki and any agency would be proud to have you. But that’s what you’ve always been, an assassin and never simply, a child or a normal teenager. Think of this as a chance to experience all that you’ve missed out.”

She thought for a while and then, nodded.

“If that is what you want then I will not object.”

Robert smirked and punched her arm playfully.

“Boy, I wish all eighteen year olds were was obedient and disciplined as you.”

Yuki suddenly felt a strange urge to smile but she ignored it.

“Noreen, register her in. Tell Scott I send her myself.” Said Robert.

The lady riding with them the whole time nodded once. “Yes, sir.”

The chauffeur opened the door for Robert and just as he was about to get in, he turned around and looked at Yuki in the eyes.

“I suggest a fresh start, leave all your old ways and learn new ones.” He said winking.

Yuki stared at him.

“Noreen, register her as Snow and not Yuki.” he said smiling.

“Yes, sir and sir, the last name?”

Robert thought for a while and a slowly grin formed on his lips.

“White. Snow White.”

Snow White, that name sounds familiar, thought Snow.

She watched as the car drove off in another direction. Snow found herself wondering if this was how having a father felt like. Then, she turned around and went inside the school with Noreen.

Snow stared at the numerous students that filled the student’s lounge. They all seemed talkative and happy. Snow couldn’t help but feel a strange ache inside her.