chapter 4

“You’re funny.” Derek said smiling..

Snow simply stared at him. He chuckled and held his hand out to her.

“I’m Derek, you are?”

Snow was lost but then she remembered how she shook hands with Amelia when they first met, so she slowly reached her hand out and shook his’.

“My name is Snow.” She said firmly.

“You’re new huh?”

Snow nodded once which only broadened his smile.

“So, how do you like the party?”

Snow frowned. “So this is the ‘party’ Amelia was talking about.” She said as if realizing something very important.

Derek laughed.

“Yes, this is called a party” then he brought the drink in his hand up to her face “and this is an alcohol beverage called ‘sex on the beach.’ You wanna try it?” he asked.

Snow looked at him stunned. The name of the drink was shameful, whoever named the drink had no dignity!

“W-why is it called that?” she asked with wide eyes.

“Sex on the beach? I don’t know, but it’s really catchy, don’t you think?” he asked

He was enjoying her uncomfortable reaction. The looked on her face is priceless, he thought.

“It’s not catchy at all! It’s shameful.” She said.

Derek chuckled. “Relax, it’s just a drink. You weren’t really taking the name of the drink seriously, were you? although, that would-”

“Please, this is extremely uncomfortable for me.” she hissed.

Derek laughed. “You are so weird.”

Snow ignored him and thought it would be best if she left the party now, before any more strange people come up to her and start reciting degrading names of various alcohol beverages. She turned around to say bye to Jace but he was not there. She sighed in frustration.

“Excuse me.” she said getting off the stool.

“Aw, leaving so soon?”

“I don’t feel so uncomfortable in such an environment, I think it will be best if I left.”

Derek smiled. “That’s too bad but before you go” he leaned in “how about you give me ‘goodbye’ kiss?”

Snow looked at him like he had two heads.

“I beg your pardon?”

“Fine, on the cheek then.”

Snow looked at him, what a strange and perverted man, she thought.

“I advice you to stop before you disgrace yourself any further.”

“Oh but babe, I don’t mind disgracing myself if it’s for you.” he said winking at her.

She gasped and glared at his boldness.

“Excuse me.”

She wasted now more time and walked away from him.

“Snow!”

Thinking it was Derek she ignored it and walked on but then a hand reached out and touched her shoulders. That was the last straw. She quickly took the hand on her shoulder and twisted it putting it behind that person’s back.

However, it wasn’t Derek, she gasped and quickly let go.

“Jace, I’m so sorry, I thought it was-” she started.