Start of a Much Need Conversation

Are we destined to burn or will we last the night?

I will hold 'til I hold you right.

"Lettie?" I heard a soft voice come from around the corner of the shed.

I quickly wiped away my tears and saw Angie standing there.

I must have been sitting out here with my back against the wall for an hour or so.

"Hey..." I whispered, my voice hoarse from all the crying I had been doing moments before.

"George has to get me back home now, but I couldn't leave without checking on you."

"Oh, right," I looked down, "I'm sorry. I kind of forgot for a second that you had to leave."

After pushing myself off the ground, I knocked the dust off my hands before hugging her, "I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'm gonna miss you too," She hugged me back tightly, "But I'll see you again soon."

As she pulled away, she kept hold of my shoulders and smiled lightly, "You know I'm always here for you, right?"

Sniffling, I nodded with a sad smile, "I know..."

"Oh, Charlotte," Angie pulled me into one more hug, "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Angie," I hugged her back again. Merlin, she means absolutely everything to me. All my friends do. I don't know how I would have even gotten this far without them. Oh, how I longed for a time when we would all walk around Hogsmeade and spend hours upon hours at Zonko's and Honeydukes. We would spend the nights chatting endlessly by the fire in the common room and laughing until our stomachs were cramped. Maybe I could return to Hogwarts, but I don't know if I could ever return to the nights like that. Not after everything that's happened.

"Keep in touch, okay?" Angelina's brow raised as she pulled away from the hug.

"Of course."

She picked her bag up off the ground and pulled it onto her shoulder. But before she walked off, she turned back to me. Her hand rested on the edge of the shed as she told me, "Fred wanted to come and check on you, but George and I told him to give you a moment. He's ready to talk whenever you are."

"Thanks, Angie. I'm heading there now," I replied, waving goodbye, "See you soon."

"See you soon, Lettie," Angelina waved back, smiling gently before walking away.

Once she was gone, I started heading back towards the house.

I've got to check on Fred. He needs to know that I'm not angry with him. I hope he's not angry with me.

I knocked softly on the door when I reached the bedroom.

"Come in!" He called from inside.

After slowly stepping inside, I saw Fred lying on his back in the bed. His hands clung to his bangs as his palms pressed against his eyes, "Did you forget something, George?"

"Not George..." I responded weakly, closing the door behind me.

At the sound of my voice, he snapped his head in my direction, "Charlotte!"

He jumped up and walked over to me. He was about to hug me but decided against it in case I was mad at him.

"I'm so sorry," He breathed and took a step back, "I shouldn't have gotten angry with you. I—I wasn't thinking. Of course, you didn't have to tell me-"