The Third Task

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here,

Even if it takes all night or a hundred years.

Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near. 

Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fears.

"You ready for lunch?" Angelina asked as she pulled on her jumper.

"Ready," I responded and stood from the vanity while putting in my earring.

"Great. Fred and George said they would meet us in the Great Hall with a surprise," Angelina linked her arm with mine as we left the dorm, "Excited that this tournament is almost over?"

I sighed, "You have no idea."

"I'm sure I would be the same way if George was in the tournament."

"Yeah, maybe..." I muttered before changing the subject, "What do you think Fred and George's surprise is?"

I wasn't trying to be rude, but I really didn't want to think or talk about the tournament. I've been struggling with this unbearable fear lingering over me today. It shook me to my core, and I've been trying to ignore it all day, but no matter how many times I pushed it down, it would still resurface and press against my ribcage like a monster trying to claw its way out.

I've got to pull together. Cedric doesn't need to see me this way again, especially not on the last day of the competition. I have to be brave for him. Poor thing, he was already terrified enough for both of us.

"I don't know," Angie shrugged, "but Ron was really excited when he came to fetch them and Ginny."

As we entered The Great Hall, she was laughing at a hilarious joke I made when, all of a sudden, she stopped in her tracks. Our linked elbows pulled me back as her eyes went wide, "Is that..."

I furrowed my brows and followed her line of sight to the Gryffindor table. Fred and George were grinning from ear to ear while talking to some very familiar faces: Molly, Arthur, and Bill. When the twins saw us, they raised slightly from their seats and waved us over to the table.

"Their parents!" I beamed, "And that's Bill. Their oldest brother," I informed Angelina as I turned to her. The nervous sheen in her eyes reminded me that she had never actually visited The Burrow, which meant...My lips parted amusedly, "Oh my gosh. You never met their family, have you?"

"Shut it," She hissed at me and then looked at them again. Her voice cracked as she stated her fear, "What if they don't like me?"

I giggled a little. I've never seen Angelina anxious over anything. Of the two of us, she was always the calmer one. It was a nice shift in our dynamic, even if it was just for a bit.

"Don't be silly!" I smiled encouragingly at her, "They're going to love you, Angie! Ron and Ginny already do! And I swear they are the nicest people you'll ever meet. Come on," I lowered my hand to grab hers and hurried towards the table. She probably would have never moved away from the entrance if I didn't. Ol' Georgie would've had to come all the way over here to pick her up and carry her to his family.

I noticed that Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron were also there when we approached everyone.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Weasley," I greeted them merrily.

Molly Weasley rose from her seat first, "Oh, Charlotte, it's so good to see you!"

She gave me the warmest smile and a hug to match.