Chapter 5 ~ Child's play

The front door of the hotel room slammed open against the wall loudly.

"Never again!" Clementine threw her hands in the air angrily. "Never!"

Harry quietly came through the door after her and shut it."Just a reminder; this is a hotel and people actually stay here other than us."

"Hours!" Clementine laughed maniacally."We spent goddamn hours in that place, Harry!"

"I know." He sighed, running a hand through his hair."Look, Clem,-"

"And don't get me started on your sister!" Clementine scoffed."What happened to the sweet innocent girl I knew? What the hell happened to Gemma!"

"Clem, It's late and you're going to wake the whole town!" Harry hissed, losing his patience.

Clementine put her hand in the air again, this time in defence."Down, Popstar! Down!"

Harry rolled his eyes."Look I'm sorry. I had no idea that she was going to follow me. And I can't even start on how sorry I am on behalf of Louis. He just doesn't know when to shut it... much like you, actually."

Clementine hit Harry across his arm, making him laugh uncontrollably.

"You look like an angry puppy!" He wheezed clutching his stomach.

Clementine rolled her eyes and flopped down on the bed.

Harry bounced onto  the bed beside her.

They stayed silent for a while listening to the sounds of Manchester fill their ears.

"How long are you here for?" Clementine asked suddenly.

Harry hadn't thought about leaving in quite a while, and the question caught him off guard.

"Few days left now." He answered solemnly."Why ask? Missing me already?" He grinned, turning his face to met her eyes.

Clementine stared at the ceiling, her eyebrows knitted together.

Harry's grin faded."What's up?" 

Clementine shrugged."I just... thought I'd get a little more time to spend with you. That's all."

Harry frowned."Yeah. I guess that's... kinda depressing."

Clementine shook the thought from her head, squeezing her eyes shut and counting to five. When she opened them again, a wide smile took over her face, leaving but a shadow of her sadness behind."Well, I'm not here to get you all depressed, popstar!" She jumped up on the bed, bouncing slightly."C'mon, the bed is bigger than a god damn trampoline, may as well use it while we can!"

She jumped, head inches from the ceiling, and when she came back down the force sent Harry flying into the air. She laughed at Harry while he griped the headboard as he struggled to stand on the bed.

Harry eventually straighten himself up."Oh, it's on!" He grinned and picked up a pillow, flinging it at Clementine. She shrieked and dodged the throw.

"You little shit!" She laughed. 

This carried on for a while, the noise from the hotel room was treacheries, but it was simply laughing and playful banter. They where happy.

Too happy, and hyper, to say the least.

Harry's feet caught in the covers mid-air. He fell head first into the side of the headboard. The right side of his forehead made contact with the hard wood and made a deep cut.

Clementine stood frozen in the spot, eyes wide and her hands covering her mouth in shock as blood started to trickle down his face. Harry touched his head and pulled his hand away when he felt the blood.