Chapter 25:Our Little Slice of Heaven

I grinned at my beautiful mate. Dylan. I thought. Damon and I miss him everyday. I rested my clasped hands on my pregnant swell of a belly and remembered what had happened only months ago.

'I was miserably sitting in my cell, cold and longing for my mates. I heard a holler and saw Brandon rush down the stairs towards me.

"We have to get out of her now Julie!" He yelled, trying with no avail to unlock my cell. He finally got in and unlocked my cuffs.

"I refuse to go anywhere with you!" I spat at him. Angered that he'd dare think I cared for him, that murderer rogue.

"Now is not the time-"

"Let her go, Brandon. Or your blood is on my hands." The heavenly voice belonged to Damon. My mate! He came for me!

Brandon, shocked, stood and backed away. "You're no match for me." Brandon announced boastfully. He repeated the incantation from when he killed Dylan, except this time, nothing happened.

"Well, you see Brandon, I have a little witch power on my side too." Damon said, grinning as he walked towards him predator like.

I quickly moved Brandon using magic, a slam against the wall. His skull split a little and I stood, as weak as I was, an stalked towards him.

"You're nothing to me. I hate you. I realize now that you were never a brother to me. You're just a filthy rogue who forcibly marked me and killed one of my soul pieces! So rot in hell you filthy bastard!" I screamed while bashing his skull in with my foot.

Brandon's gaze was filled with a range of emotions: shock, fear, and sadness. His gaze was now lifeless and I ran into the arms of my last mate. I felt the bond I shared with Brandon stretch like a wire pulled too tight and snap. But this time, I felt no remorse. No longing. Just another empty hole like with Dylan. But this hole was cope able, it didn't remind me of Dylan. Only my demonic brother.

"Come darling, let's go home."'

Ever since then, we've been okay. Most of all, we miss Dylan. But we have our child, the rising alpha, and we couldn't be happier. We want our child to have what I never had. A safe and happy childhood, filled with love.

No, I don't blame my parents for what happened to me. It wasn't there fault, really. I chose to let those people hurt me. After the endless torture, neglect, self harm, and self finding, I'm worn into at least my fifties at the age of eighteen.

Damon's eyes shined with love for me, his mate. The white wolf to his black. The witch to his mortal. His elemental companion. A piece of his soul.

We will both be missing a piece that only Dylan could fill. A piece that shatters our hearts every time we feel the gap without it. We cling to each other. Our bond, now so tight, if one goes, the other goes too.

But we must stay strong for our child. And for each other. Any day I'm going to give birth to this wonderful child. And it's going to have a wonderful life. Damon and I will make sure of that.

For now, we have our pack. They saved my life. My parents and Damon's everyone misses Dylan, but with me as position of Luna, and him my alpha mate, we keep the peace.

We have our own little slice of heaven. And the new child will share that, too.

Oh, did I mention, the child's a girl?

~The End~