•[12-Escape from the Lair]•

[Hi, sorry for the hiatus. I know it's been a while, but things have gotten pretty busy, and surprisingly exhausting on my end. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.]

Alex's P.O.V

After a few seconds, the end of the hallway is full of robots. Some built after crabs and hornets, others built like some sort of bug with wheels and hovering spheres with glowing red lights in the middle. It was like an entire army of mechanical minions. And their eyes are on us.

"That's a lot of robots." I mutter.

"Yeah, but I can take them." Sonic says confidently.

"All of them?"

"Yeah. This is nothing compared to the ones on Mobius." He goes into a running position before turning into a blue spinning ball. A split second later, he shoots forward toward the robots. He collides with one, causing it to explode instantly, before bouncing off and crashing into another one, then another, banging into them like a ping pong ball. After a minute, he stands with his fists on his hips, surrounded by robotic parts. I stare at him, my jaw hanging open in amazement.

"...what?"

"Like I said, I've taken on more robots on Mobius. This was a cakewalk."

"Wha- whatever, come on!"

I shake my head before grabbing sonic by the hand and running with him down the hallway, grabbing a few of the robot parts and stuffing them in my bag as I do. I take a few turns, until we find ourselves cornered by another round of robots.

"Damnit! More of them?"

"More for me to destroy."

Sonic goes into ball form again and started spinning before speeding off toward and crashing into all of the robots once again.

"How do you do that?" I ask.

"It's simple, really, I just hunch over and spin. It's called a spin-dash."

I notice a hornet-bot buzzing behind Sonic. Its stinger starts to glow red.

"Sonic, look out!"

I leap at him, pushing him out of the way of an incoming laser, barely missing him. But it grazes my my shoulder, sending a searing pain throughout my body. I wince, before letting go of Sonic. I quickly reach into my bag and pull out the blaster, aiming it at the hornet. I shoot at it, blasting a hole right through its core. It stops buzzing, falling to the ground.

"Man, that was a close save, thanks Alex-" Sonic stops when he sees me clutching my shoulder, a tiny bit of blood trickling down my hand. He dashes to me, a look of concern on his face.

"Alex! Oh crap, are you okay? Your shoulder- you're bleeding! Oh no, I'm so sorry!"

"I'm fine Sonic, it's just a little blood. Nothing too bad." I say getting up. I bend my arm, a singing pain erupting at my shoulder. I wince again. Sonic gives me a concerned look.

"I'm okay, really. It's not a big deal, it's just a small burn-"

"If I was more focused, you wouldn't have needed to save me and you wouldn't have gotten hurt." Sonic says, his hands on the side of his head. I kneel down in front of him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey." I say quietly. "Its okay, I'm fine. I never said that I'd get out of here unscathed."

I flash a small smile at him. He returns one before turning back to the hallway. "Which way do we go?"

I pull up the map, and after a minute, I point. "That way."

With that, Sonic grabs me by the hand and we run down the hallway. A few seconds later, I hear more robots behind us, seemingly catching up to us.