•[3-Friends from strange places]•

[Yes, I know the chapter's shorter, but I didn't really know what else to add at the end so please just bear with me okay?]

Sonic's P.O.V

Alex got me out of the basement after the rest his family was asleep and brought me to his bedroom. He decided it's best I don't sleep in the basement and stay close to him to keep an eye on me and make sure I don't get into any trouble. The first thing I did when I got into his room was hop on Alex's bed, and boy is it soft.

"Man, this is the most comfy bed I've ever been on." I say laying on Alex's bed with my arms and legs spread out.

"Hey! No shoes on my bed!" Alex snaps.

"Fine. Don't get your tacos in a twist." I say rolling my eyes.

I kick off my shoes, leaving my socks on of coarse, and lay back down on the bed. I turn towards Alex, who's standing in front of his closet looking for a pair of pyjamas.

"Why not just sleep with a vest and boxers?" I ask.

"Because it gets cold at night." He says reaching for a pair of sweatpants.

I put my hands behind my head and stare up at the ceiling. Then another thought pops up in my mind.

"That room in the basement, what was it? And why did you cover the door?" I ask. I see his body tense for a second, then he lets out a sigh.

"It's my workshop." He says.

"Your workshop?" I repeat.

"It's where I build all of my inventions. I keep most of them in there to stop my brother from playing with them." He says scratching the back of his head.

"Huh, I see. What kind of inventions do you have?" I ask sitting upright.

"Well, you're sitting on one of them." He says turning to me.

I look down at the bed surprised. Then I look back at Alex who looks back at me with a smirk.

"It's an auto-heated mattress. It'll start getting warmer if the temperature drops too low." He explains taking his shirt off and putting on a vest.

"Cool. I bet it's a luxury to have during winter." I say.

"I wouldn't say it's a luxury, but it is an awesome thing to have. Especially after sports training since I can operate it manually. It really relaxes my muscles." He says pulling up his sweatpants.

"Just how many inventions do you have?" I ask curiously.

"About three hundred and twenty eight at least." He says sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Three hundred and twenty eight!?" I say a bit louder than I should've.

A second later, Alex covers his hand over my mouth and gives me a death stare.

"Quiet! My parents and little brother are right down the hall. If you don't shut up they'll find you and turn you in to the FBI." He whispers to me.

"FBI? Who are they? And why don't you want anyone to find out I exist?" I ask taking his hand off my mouth.

"Because it doesn't take a genius to know that you're not from this planet. If the FBI find you they're gonna take you away and do tons of experiments on you and treat you like some kind of lab rat. So unless you want that to happen, I suggest you-" He explains before I cut him off.

"Alright, alright. I'll keep my voice down." I say.

"Good." He says crawling into the covers.

He sighs and looks up at the ceiling with his hands on his chest. I lay next to him with my hands behind my head. For a while the room is silent.

"So, you said you had over three hundred inventions right?" I ask.

"Yeah. I plan on making a lot more in the future." He says back to me.

"You and Tails would get along perfectly." I chuckle. Alex looks at me confused.

"Tails? Who's that?" He asks.

"He's my best friend back home. He may be small but he's super smart, and the stuff he builds is just amazing." I say smiling at Alex.

"He's an inventor too?" He asks.

"Yeah. He builds all sorts of weapons and blasters, he even made his own jet once." I say.

"Incredible. How old is he?" Alex asks curiously.

"He's eight." I say casually.

"He's eight!?" Alex repeats clearly shocked. I nod in reply.

"The kid's a real prodigy. One of the smartest people I know." I sigh and turn my back towards Alex. "But I haven't seen or heard from him in two straight weeks. I miss him. I miss all of my friends." I add. Alex is quiet for a while.

"You've been living in that tree for two weeks?" Alex asks softly.

"Yeah..." I reply.

"No wonder you asked to stay with me..." Alex mutters.

The two of us stay quiet for a little bit and the only thing that can be heard is the sound of the crickets outside. It's like this for a minute or two until Alex decides to break the silence.

"You know, I have tons of spare parts. I could build a device that can take you back to Mobius." He says. My ears spike up and I sit up looking at him with hope in my eyes.

"You can!?" I ask.

"Yeah. I know how it feels to be away from friends. Plus, I wanna meet some of them one day." He says. I smile wide.

"Thanks Alex!" I say excitedly.

"Don't sweat it. Now go to sleep, it's way past our bedtime." He says turning his back towards me. I pull the blanket over me and turn away from him.

"Sonic, what are you doing?" He asks not moving from his spot on the bed.

"Uh, going to bed like you told me to?" I say.

"No, not in my bed." He says sitting upright.

"Then where am I supposed to sleep?" I ask also sitting upright. He glares at me, then thinks to himself or a second before sighing.

"Fine, you can sleep with me for tonight." He groans.

"Sweet! Thanks." I say pulling the blanket over my body again.

"But don't get used to it." He says turning to face the wall.

"Yeah yeah." I say also facing away from him.

'I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.' I think to myself before closing my eyes and falling asleep.