Chapter 36

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky over an apartment. Avni and Neil were in Neil's condo. Avni was laying in Neil's arms. Neil was looking at Avni who was lost in her thought. Avni looked at Neil.

Flashback:

It was the time of the night. Avni was passing by the corridor lifelessly. Her expressions were emotionless.

Person: Dad, I want to talk to you about something important.

Avni stopped to hear it. Avni looked at the room and it was Ketan's room.

In the room, Ketan was sitting on the bed and Riya was standing in the room. Neil got up.

Ketan: kaho, beta.

Riya: I want Neil.

Avni was shocked. She felt like Riya has pulled the rug from under her feet. Ketan also got shocked and got up.

Ketan: What?

Riya nodded.

Riya: Yes, I want Neil. I love him.

Avni got another shock.

Ketan: have you lost your mind? Tumhe andaza bhi hai ke kya keh rahi ho tum.

Riya: Kya ghalat kaha maine. Main Neil se pyaar karti hun and I want you to talk to his family about our alliance. What is wrong with it.

Avni was listening to them.

Ketan: it is wrong. Your demand is wrong. Don't you know, he is your sister's fiance?

Riya: correction, he was, not is. Un dono ne khud apni marzi se apna relationship khatam kiya hai.

Avni got hurt and Ketan got angry.

Ketan: Neil ne jo kuch bhi kiya woh ghusse main kiya. Abhi dono apne emotion main beh gaye hain. Ek baar baat karenge to sab theek ho jaye ga.

Avni looked down. Dayawanti Mehta was standing behind Avni at some distance and she also heard everything.

Ketan: Avni aur Neil ek dusre ke liye bane hain so tumhare liye behtar yahi hoga ke tum Neil ko bhul jao.

Riya was shocked.

Riya: Main kyun bhula dun Neil ko. Jab Avni aur us ke beech koi rishta raha hi nahi hai to main kyun peeche hatun.

Ketan: Riya, ek baat jaan lo and apne dimagh main daal lo. Chahe kuch bhi ho jaye, Neil aur Avni jo bhi faisla len lekin main tumhara hath Neil ke hath main kabhi nahi dunga. Main Avni ko dukhi kabhi nahi karunga.

Avni got emotional and Riya got angry.

Riya: aap mere Dad hain yaa us orphan Avni ke.

Ketan got angry.

Ketan shouted: Riya.

Riya and Avni, both flinched. Dayawanti Mehta got angry. Tears formed in Riya's eyes and Avni felt bad for Riya because Ketan shouted at Riya.

Ketan: Khabardaar jo dubara Avni ko orphan kaha.

Dayawanti Mehta fumed.

Riya felt bad for her father's words and went from there. Riya saw Avni outside and she stopped. Riya glared at Avni who was looking at her with soft eyes. Riya wanted to insult Avni but she saw Dayawanti Mehta. Avni frowned and she turned. Avni saw Dayawanti Mehta and then she turned to Riya.

Riya murmured: Bloody orphan.

Avni got hurt and Riya went from there. Tears formed in Avni's eyes.

Avni was sitting in her room on the bed and she was lost in her thoughts. Dayawanti Mehta came to the room and she saw Avni. Dayawanti Mehta came to Avni and Avni saw her then she looked down. Dayawanti Mehta saw the picture frame of Ashish and Neela maa on the side table and took the picture frame by leaning on the side table. Avni saw the picture frame then she saw her grandmother who was looking at the picture frame.