Chapter 05

It was the time of evening, the birds were chirping in the sky and were going back to their nest.  Avni came to her home and as soon as, she entered the main gate. Neil and his friends turned and came onto that street. They were talking and smiling.

The whole day, Avni and Neil were not in the home.

Avni came and she smiled to see her mother. Avni entered and her parents were present in the living area.

Ashish: here comes my rock star.

Avni smiled. Avni came to them and she set beside her mother by encircling her arm to her mother’s arm.

Nm: tired?

Avni’s eyes were closed.

Avni: very much.

Neela maa and Ashish smiled.

Ashish: how was the day?

Avni sat in excitement.

Avni: It was awesome. I really enjoyed there. Humare itne zyada khet hain aur mujhe to pata hi nahi tha ke humara fruit and vegetable farms bhi hain. Maine wahan ke fresh fruits khaye and I must say, those were so tasty and mouthwatering. Maine to kal phir se jane ka plan banaya hai and yes, hum, humare sath bhi le kar chalenge fruits. Wahan kahan milte hain itne fresh fruits.

Dayawanti Mehta: aray wah, waise to koi yahan aane ko tiyar nahi tha aur ab itna enjoy kiya ja raha hai.

Everyone smiled.

Avni: han to mujhe thori pata tha ke yahan asa kuch hoga.

They smiled. Avni goes to her and hugged her by sitting beside her. Everyone smiled.

On the other side, Neil came to his room and he sat on the bed then he sighed. Neil kept his head on the hardboard of the bed and closed his eyes. As soon as, he closed his eye Avni’s face popped up in front of his eye. Neil opened his eyes and looked around. Neil smiled.

Neil: what is this all happening to me?

Neil thought then he took his phone from the bed and saw Avni’s picture and he smiled to see it.

It was the time of the night, the Khanna family was sitting in the dining area and they were signing at each other. Shweta asked Prakash to talk who signed her relax. Neil was having soup. Neil looked up and a spoon was in his hand near his mouth. Neil saw Prakash and then he looked at Shweta and Bebe and when their eyes fell on him they looked at their bowl and plates and stirred the spoon. Neil looked down and he thinks then he again looked at them and found them avoiding eye contact. Neil thinks.

Neil in mind: yeh sab log itna weird behave kyun kar rahe hain? kuch to garbar hai. Ab kya nai khichri paka rahe hain yeh sab mil kar.

Neil thinks and he looked at the family. They smiled fakely and Neil did the same. Neil looked at them and thinks.

On the other side, the Mehta family was having dinner peacefully because they know Avni very well if they discussed that with her now then the whole table which is decorated decently will convert into a mess so, they thought to talk to her in the morning.

Later, Neil was sleeping with his friends on the terrace because they wanted to experience village life. Neil was laying straight on his back and was staring at the moon. Neil was lost in Avni’s thoughts and he saw the flashes where he saved her from falling and other flashes. Neil was smiling. Neil turned his face and he saw his phone. Neil picked up his phone and opened the gallery. He saw Avni’s picture and changes them. Neil stopped and he turned his face. Neil was adoring Avni’s picture.