Part 17

Arnav just reached his office after finishing a meeting and rested his head on the chair feeling extremely tired.. He used to work non stop without any exhaustion but little work makes him exhausted now a days.. probably it's the mental exhaustion which showing physically, his food habits, sleeping schedule, work out schedules everything is heavily messed up now a days.. he can hardly concentrate on work, he gets angry on small things, drives recklessly and started feeling the urge of drinking again, as he thinks alcohol will reduce his pain temporarily but he is stopping himself from drinking..

Before Khushi he was an occasional drinker but once she entered his life, she used to make huge fuss if he ever drinks, she read somewhere that diabetics patients should not be drinking alcohol and she used to panic if she ever witnessed a little glass of alcohol in his hand, he tried to explain her that one or two glasses will not hurt him and it's allowed but with Khushi logic doesn't work, she always sticks to her understanding and once jokingly he said, she is so strict about alcohol not because of his health but for her zero tolerance of the smell of it...

And yes, this little joke of his landed heavy on him, as hearing that she stayed quiet for few minutes and then tears started forming in her eyes, she was sad that he doubts her intentions and he thinks she can't think of his wellbeing selflessly.. She didn't let him touch her for three days, neither she talked to him properly.. Arnav promised few times that he will not touch alcohol,will never doubt on her intentions and he will not joke about her intentions ever again, after so many pacifying moments and words she budged into the arrangement that he can drink it only once in a month and when she is with him..

Arnav heart was not allowing him to break the promise, they already broke so many promises and the biggest one among them was not to hurt each others..

' Dard-E-Dil Ke Bina
Mehfil Hi Kya
Jo Na Toota Kabhi
Woh Dil Hi Kya
Hai Mera Haal Bura
Aur Bura Karde Aa
Mere Zakhmon Ko Zara
Aur Hara Karde Aa

O Bedardeya Yaar Bedardeya
O Bedardeya Yaar Bedardeya'

Arnav was feeling extremely restless and sad, he is missing Khushi so much, he just wants her here in front of him.. the only solution of all his problems, his Khushi in front of him..

He was mad that she didn't even call or message him once since she left but this morning when he was leaving for office instructing their house help Nancy to keep everything as it is after cleaning as Khushi doesn't like if anything is moved from its place in the house.. their house was her personal heaven..he often jokes with her saying she is queen Victoria and a thread should not be moved without her permission in her kingdom.. hearing him she always makes faces and then laughs..

To his surprise Nancy informed him that Khushi called her in there land line yesterday to check how's everything at home... Nancy also informed him Khushi asked her thousands of questions including if there any alcohol bottles in the house, if she can hide sugar boxes, if there too much boxes of outside food, is Arnav's tree's are still alive, If they were getting water regularly, if Arnav's clothes are washed, if Arnav is going office on time, is Arnav taking his medicine before going to the office and lastly Nancy made a sad face and said ' Arnav sir, poor Khushi mam is missing you so much... if you guys had any fight why don't you just say sorry and bring her home..'

In results she received a deathly glared from Arnav but his restless heart got little peace knowing she cares for him..

He took his phone out in anger and typed a message..

'Enough of this nonsense Khushi.. just come home..'

Before he could click the send button, the slamming sound of the door caught his attention..