Part 13

Every Action has a consequence and we often forget that. Khusi was in deep thoughts she knew she did wrong, very very wrong.. Only if she would tell Arnav everything before meeting Druhv probably she could have avoided the consequences of it by half.. But what is gone is gone.. No one can change it.. Now she has to think wisely how to save her present.. May be thats why people says think twice before you do anything... No amount of regrets can bring the lost moments specially when the damage is already done and she is well aware of the fact that she already did enough damage...

Reaching home, she found it empty. Arnav didn't come. She called him multiple times. He didn't pick up..

She left a message...

'Where are you? .. I am worried.. Please come home.. Please Jaan..'

Few hours passed but neither he came home nor he replied to her message..
She was getting worried for him, again she called him few times but no response.. A lot of unwanted thoughts were coming into her mind, what if this, What if that...

She thought to call Aman to ask about Arnav's whereabouts but brushed it off, thinking Arnav will not like it if she involves a third person between this..

She started cursing herself.. 'stupid khushi.. Now see what have you done..'

She sent another message..

'I am very worried for you.. Please, at least let me know you are fine.. Please come home soon..'

After few minutes a reply came..

'I will be home soon..'

Khushi smiled big, tears were rolling from her eyes but she was smiling. She held the phone near to her chest and read this one line probably thousands of times.. She kissed the text and touched it with uttermost love..

There is a proverb..

' The support of a straw is enough for the drowning...'

And this little message was her little hope while she was drowning in unwanted thoughts.. Her Arnav ji still cares to reply as she is worried and that's more than enough for now..

Alomost after an hour Arnav came home.. Khushi was seating in the leaving room waiting for him, seeing him she stands up. He also paused a little looking at her..

' Arnav ji, where were you?'

He didn't reply.. Going near him, she holds his hand..

'Arnav ji, I.. I want talk to you..'

'I am tired khushi. I will talk to you later..' He removed her hands and started moving twoards the bed room..

' Please.. Arnav ji..'

He did not reply...

' Please.. I need to talk. Please listen..'

He turned and said with a smirk, 'Why khushi? Didn't Druhv hear you..?'

Khushi can clearly see his hurt eyes though he is smiling..

' Arnav ji vo..'

She was short of word, she was getting a very negative vibe from him, his smile, his calmness, and his ignorance giving her shivers..

After getting a little bit of courage, she said, 'it's not like what are you thinking..'

' What am I thinking? You know what am I thinking right? Tell me, what am I thinking?'

'Arnav ji, there is nothing between me and Druhv.. Druhv tried to create misunderstanding between us..'

'Ow.. Ow.. Wrong answer I am not thinking there is anything between you and Druhv..' He again smile devilishly..