I

Cold.

It was horribly cold.

Here, in Mandela county, the government had banned TV's. But since the government found out that people kept them regardless, they turned out every source of electricity this January. No TV, no light, no heat, no nothing. So here I am, shivering beneath my layered blanket's, thinking about what I have done to deserve this. I would've left this place long ago! But I can't. Outside my cold chamber there's something. Something I can't describe. It has been calling my name, ever since the things the government calls alternates showed up. I saw it once! Right outside my window, and oh man, it was beautiful. It wore a white robe and it had beautiful long blonde hair that covered it's soft, white face. An Angel!

Or at least, that's what I thought when I first saw it.

I've learned since then.

The deep, croaking voice that emerged from it's troath gave it away-this wasn't an Angel-quite the opposite. "Open the window, darling. If you don't, I'll rip you into pieces one by one. Your times running out, love. Your human mind is fragile, and so you'll break and give in. Don't ignore my voice, foolish human, for I am your true saviour. Let me in! Can't you do something smart for once?!? Useless lifeform!! Obey me at this instant! Darling! Don't make me do things I don't want to do. Let me in. Let me hold you, my little snowflake."

Every night. EVERY GODDAM NIGHT. I had listened to them so many goddam times. But tonight would be the last. I hadn't had food in weeks, my body felt as if it was about to fall apart. So with heavy limbs I dragged myself to greet the devil by the window.

The window opened with a slight screeching sound and before I knew it, the creature had crept trough the window, a smile as sweet as honey coating its face.

"Foolish human" it said, slowly caressing my face as my exhausted body slumped to the ground only to be caught and embraced by the thing Infront of me. "All of this damage could have been prevented if you had just let me in, darling" It covered me with its wings, which were surprisingly warm despite being outside for so long. "But do not worry! Your true saviour Gabriel will take care of you! But for now, you should sleep, my sweetie. Your weak spirit has endured enough." So you drifted off to sleep while the devil from the window sang you a bitter-sweet lullaby.