03

Ramsay attempts to take me away from the chaotic scene, but the man in front of us (who's also my mate) stops him. Neither of us are able to get a word in as we're brought to one of the more booths in the back of the club where it's quieter. We're sat down across from my mate and between two other vampires.

My mate is a vampire... of course he is. He'll reject me in two seconds flat, especially with how he seems to be a high ranking vampire. It's usually easy to tell; high ranking vampires show it off in their clothes, their attitude, and the fact that he seems to have guys working for him... yeah, I'm screwed.

"Samuel Gates is your father. You look just like him," my mate says to Ramsay. "And you must be the infamous adopted werewolf."

Ramsay and I share a look and I can tell he has no clue who this guy is.

"What about it?" Ramsay asks. "We're allowed to go to clubs like anyone else."

"If you're twenty one you are, fledgling," he says. "How did you even get in?"

"We are twenty one. It's my brother's birthday and you're ruining it."

My mate holds out his hand. "Give me your IDs."

"Who are you to ask for them?"

"My aunt owns this club and I work here as a security guard. Hand them over."

Ramsay sighs irritably and tosses his over while I pass mine over with a shaky hand. I'm extremely overwhelmed by this whole situation; finding my mate not even an hour after I've turned eighteen, having said mate work here and catching us in a lie, and on top of that all, he's most likely going to reject me.

Perfect way to start my birthday.

"Your birthday is different on this ID," he says, looking at me with narrow eyes. "And these are very badly made fakes."

"Got past your bouncer," Ramsay mumbles.

I elbow him; I don't need him making this worse for either of us. This guy means business and I have no idea what the vampiric punishment for using a fake to get into a club is. It's too much and I'm starting to feel horribly nauseous.

"Excuse me?" I ask, my throat tight and voice high pitched.

The vampire across from us makes eye contact with me. There's a strange look in his eye, and I can see confusion, but also concern? It must be a trick of the light because he also looks pissed off.

"I'm going to throw up," I say, standing up shakily, but before I can take a step toward the bathroom, my stomach lurches.

I throw up all over the table and a lot of it gets onto my mate. Tears are dripping down my face and I'm sure my cheeks are as red as my mate's eyes. I have never felt this embarrassed or humiliated in my life. I know it's bad because even Ramsay isn't laughing at me.

"Gods... get these two to the car. I'll meet up with you in a few minutes," my mate says, grabbing my arm. "And send Samuel Gates a message that-"

"No, don't!" Ramsay exclaims, his eyes wide. He reaches out and grabs my arm. "I'm fine, I'm going to drive us home."

My mate shakes his head. "Fledgling, you have very little experience with supernatural liquor. I can see how dilated and dazed your eyes look. You may not be at risk of death in a car accident, but I will not have you risking the lives of humans because of your stupidity. Get them to the car."

"Please don't call our dad," I beg, my voice scratchy from throwing up.

The vampire stares at me for a brief second. "Hold off on the message. I'll take care of it myself when we get them home."