𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

✧*̥˚ CHAPTER THREE - WATER TO WINE
❝ Just...breathe ❞ ✧ ೃ༄

willow - taylor swift
"WHEREVER YOU STRAY I FOLLOW"
.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Getting up, the four headed out to see everyone waiting; Toruk Makto and Neytiri weren't there, so they figured they were receiving help from their own parents.

"So, introduction time! I'm Tsireya." Your sister spoke happily,smiling widely as she introduced herself to the newcomers

"I'm Y/N and this is Aonung." You say, looking down slightly as you feel the gaze of multiple people

You roll your eyes as your brother glared. Then the oldest boy spoke, "This is Tuk, Lo'ak', and Kiri, I'm Neteyam"

The four kept track while he introduced everyone one by one, with him being last Yours and his eyes locked for a second before you quickly divert.

"So, I think we should start on breathing lessons."
Tsireya agreed until the youngest spoke up,

"We do not need breathing lessons. We are not children" the second eldest boy spoke as you raised your eye towards your brother

Aonung stepped in, eyeing the boy up and down, "Is that so? Then we should go for the swim right now."
He and Rotxo were the first to dive in, there had been little to no splash, the boys disappearing under the water.

With the expressions, on the visitor's faces, You knew they wanted to go too. You softly sigh and gave in, pulling Tsireya into the water with her, "Come. Join us!"

You and your sister let Tuk and Kiri jump in before fully submerging underwater, their brothers following after their sisters.

The Metkayina youths swam farther out, deeper down, that was until You had realized "they" had really just been Aonung, Rotxo, Tsireya, and yourself .

Their new guests were farther behind, staying near the top of the water. You stopped the group, pointing their attention to them. Aonung started signing.

'What's wrong with them?'

'I don't know.' Rotxo signed back.

'They are bad at swimming, that's what.'Aonung responded with a smile.

'do not! They are still learning, you remember what father said they do not know the sea' You scolded.
looking up to see the two boys look back into the water.

'Come down and swim with us!' Tsireya signed.

The two boys looked at the girl then back to each other in confusion; Tsireya had to of picked up on the confusion as she started to smile and instead motioned for them to follow.

They didn't get far before they were back up for air; this time, you had signaled to follow. The air filled uour lungs as you broke to the surface, your attention immediately turned to the little one, Tuk.

"Well, maybe you guys are better at swimming through trees instead of- hey!" Tsireya smacked Aonung on the head for being rude.

"Plus, we don't understand whatever that- finger talk you guys are doing, " Neteyam added.

"We can teach you!" Tsireya flashed a smile to the group or really just to Lo'ak. Interrupting their little moment, Rotxo commented on Kiri's absence.

"Where's Kiri?" His voice was soft with curiosity.

"Who?" Aonung responded, explicitly showing his lack of interest.

"Kiri. Where's Kiri?" He asked again, and the group looked around at his comment.

Quickly everyone started to search the water.

You looked around the group, signaling the brothers to stay calm as you went to look for their sister

You make way through the reefs, she was calm trusting her lifelong "friend" to guide her to the missing girl.

She followed the fish, eyes scanning the clear area. Kiri caught her eye; she looked so peaceful- so content with the sea. The lighter girl stilly witnessed as the small schools of fish circled the girl, welcoming her as if she'd lived here her whole life. Swimming closer, you waved the girl to the surface, "We just wanted to check and see if you were okay."

"Oh yes... I guess I just got lost in thought with the sea life." She looked down to the rillping water; it was apparent she wanted to go back in and explore,

"I do that sometimes" Kirk looked down, almost in shame as you cocked your head to the side, placing a hand on her shoulder "it's okay, I do it too"

Kiri's face seemed to light up instantly, for the first time in coming here she felt sincere, she felt as if someone really, truly knew her for the first time

You pause as you look back to the group, and then back to Kiri "please explore more. I will tell them of your safety"

Kiri nodded swiftly and dove back under the water

"She is safe," you stated, approaching the group once more, taking note of her brother, Neteyam's, ease.

"Shall we try some breathing exercises?"Tsireya asked.

When they got to shore, Tuk pulled Neteyam aside, close to Yourself. Tsireya, was too busy leading Lo'ak next to her, about to teach him to breathe correctly.

She placed her hand on Lo'ak's stomach and chest,
"Lo'ak Your heart is beating fast," With that, you attempted put her your over your mouth to stifle the laugh that escaped.

Lo'ak turned his head from Tsireya, coughing out a small sorry. The other boys glanced at each other, trying not to laugh; Neteyam also looked over at you, grasping your eyes for a second.

Maybe this wouldn't be too bad after all.

maybe.

OKAY, I KNOW THESE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS ARE BORING AND ALLIGN WITH MOST OTHER FANFICS BUT I PROMISE THEY WILL VENTURE OUT AND BECOME MORE ORIGINAL, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME AS THERE ARE EXAMS THIS WEEK!