Chapter 16

Edd and Edwardo began to put up the thick paper on the window. On it, there was a painting of the night sky. The plan was that Matt and Mark would try to fool Matthew and Lark into coming out and when they did, they'd rip apart the paper. That would make the entire room light up with sunlight.

(BTW. SOMETHING I FORGOT TO MENTION... NIGHT CREATURES LIKE VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES GET BURNT IN THE DAYTIME IF THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PROTECTION.)

Edd and Edwardo had fixed the bottom half of the paper and quickly began to fix the top half onto the window. Matt and Mark entered the room and got into their places, which was right near the window. Matt was averting eye contact at this point. He looked at his feet.

"Hey, you guys can do this." Edd said. He felt that Matt and Mark seemed doubtful in their abilities. Matt and Mark's heads shot up from looking at the floor and they both looked at Edd. Both of them really wanted to tell the truth but they had to shut their mouths and keep quiet.

They ended up with miserable looking faces that Edd and Edwardo thought was fear and doubt. "Yeah... You guys have gone through worse. You can get through this too..." Edwardo added. Edd and Edwardo stuck up the last side of the paper and walked to the side of the window.

Matt and Mark went inside their heads. A few minutes later, Matthew and Lark came out. "That's weird, the day got over pretty quickly!" Matthew said really loudly so that Edd and the gang thought that Matt and Mark succeeded.

"Yes, I must agree... I guess we were so excited to carry the last part of the plan that the night went on that quick." Lark replied.

Everything was going according to plan but Matthew got bored of it. So he improvised another line. "Ah! There the door is! Come on friend! We've got a plan to execute!" He made stomping noises.

Lark couldn't his laughter for a long time and a soft giggle escaped his mouth. On the other hand, Edd and the rest were about to die. "HOW COULD WE FORGET THE GOD DAMN DOOR?!" Lars whispered. "Shhhh! Let's just hope they go out the window.." Tord replied.

"Shut up people!" Edwardo said. He pointed to the thick paper and looked at it with anticipation.

Inside, all was heard by Lark. Which wanted him to burst out into a huge laugh. But he had to contain himself.
Matthew also couldn't help but crack up a smile by seeing Lark try to contain his laughter.

"But I mean... Why not have a dramatic entrance? Shall we break the window?" Matthew asked. "Seems legit." Lark answered. Lark got ready to jump out.

Both knew that they were going to get severe burns from this stunt but they had to stay. They both nodded and Lark leaped out of the window. The thick chart paper ripped apart effortlessly. He fell to the ground and the sun began to burn him.

Matthew stood inside the room near the window where he was able to get direct sunlight. Lark had dramatically turned around and hissed in pain. "OH I KNEW IT! SOMETHING SEEMED.... *intense hissing noises of pain* FISHY!"

He slammed his fists on the floor repeatedly. He began to change shape back into Mark slowly. On the other hand, inside the room Matthew made cat-like hissing noises and covered his face with his hands. He too began to change more into Matt.

After a minute of horrified screaming from both of them, Edd and his friends were able to see the faces of their finally free friends. Although, Matt and Mark couldn't move. Both of them fainted on the spot.

A few hours later, Matt woke up with a jolt. The last thing he remembered was seeing Lark horrifyingly scream about how the sunlight burned him. He looked around. He was in the car. On the other seat was Mark who was already awake.