CHAPTER 14

ANAISHA'S POV:

Feeling a mix of frustration, longing, and a hint of worry, I try to divert my attention back to my laptop screen, but my eyes keep darting to my phone, where Samaksh's name continues to flash intermittently. It's been the third consecutive day since we last spoke, and over a month has elapsed since my arrival in Germany. Initially, Samaksh and I had meticulously coordinated our schedules to ensure regular communication. However, the past two days have thrown our routine into disarray. We haven't exchanged a single text message beyond the curt explanations for missing each other's calls. As the presenter wraps up the meeting, I heave a sigh of relief, feeling a sense of temporary reprieve from the tension building within me.

"Good night " I mutter and exit the meeting as soon as possible and pickup my phone and swipe the receive button and keep it to my ear"Hello" I say."Hi...." Samaksh trails off as making me wonder what was wrong with him .I look at the phone to check if the call disconnected and that is when I close my eyes completely mortified . A video call.Both of us burst into laughter as I sink into the sofa and make myself comfortable. As we both recover from our laughter fit, I realise how this person within a few months had become such a huge part of my life and how much I had missed him in the past few days.

"I'm sorry," we both blurt out, prompting another round of shared laughter.

"No, really, I am," I insist, explaining the whirlwind of meetings that had consumed my days and left little time for anything else. A pang of guilt tugs at my heart as I mention my neglected conversations with my mom.

"It's fine, Anaisha. I understand," Samaksh reassures me, his tone comforting yet tinged with understanding. "It's not like you were the only one. Even I haven't been able to pick up your calls this week. Life gets busy sometimes, and that's completely fine."

His words resonate deeply with me, reminding me of the challenges we both face in balancing our professional and personal lives. Grateful for his understanding, I feel a surge of warmth and affection for him, realizing how much his presence means to me, especially during the hectic moments of life.

" "Okay, let's change the topic," I suggest, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Of course. By the way, look who's here," Samaksh responds, adjusting the camera to reveal baby Revan lying on his back, playing with his pacifier.

"Hi, baby," I greet, waving at the camera in an attempt to catch Revan's attention.

Samaksh then lifts Revan and places him on his chest, both of them facing the camera. Watching him bond with Revan always captivates me, and I find myself mesmerized by their interaction.

As Revan notices me on the screen, he reaches out with his tiny hands, prompting Samaksh to raise the phone higher.

"Looks like someone recognizes you," Samaksh remarks, trying to balance the phone and the baby simultaneously. I chuckle at the adorable sight.

"Of course he does. I've spent most of my time at your house with him," I remind him with a smile.

"Trust me, I have a lot of complaints about that," Samaksh mumbles playfully.

"What?" I ask, feigning ignorance.

"Nothing, nothing at all, sweetheart," he replies with a sarcastic smile, causing me to giggle in response.

"By the way, what are you boys up to? Where are the others?" I inquire, curious about their whereabouts.

"Adarsh bhaiya and bhabhi are shifting back to their house now that this little guy is almost three months old. Bhaiya has been finding it difficult to travel to his office every day from here. It takes up most of his time and is also tiring him. So both our parents are at their house setting up things," Samaksh explains.