CHAPTER 4

ANAISHA'S POV:

Leaning back against the car seat's  headrest, I shut my eyes, aiming to shake off the constant grin since meeting Samaksh. This was new. Usually, after these meetings, I'd be either mad or dissatisfied. There was that one time where both the guy and I quickly realized we weren't a match, shared our differing life visions, and gracefully cut short the meeting.

But with Samaksh, it felt different. Despite our contrasts and unique thinking, they just seemed to fit. Saying yes to my parents for this proposal suddenly felt right. In my mind, I imagined Samaksh might feel the same way, given what he mentioned earlier. When he spoke those words, my mind blanked, and my heart pounded. It took me a moment to process, and by the time I could respond, he was almost turning away. Pulling myself together, I thanked him for the great time and drove off.

Ringing the door bell once , I stood at the door texting Samaksh that I had reached home.

ANAISHA:

Reached home.

Wbu?

SAMAKSH:

Just 5 min away

Btw its raining cats and dogs isn't it 😁

ANAISHA:

Don't be on your phone while driving

Bye

SAMAKSH:
Bye Anaisha

See you very soon😉

I couldn't help but smile at his playful antics. Glancing up, I noticed my mother standing on the other side of the door, giving me a knowing look that said, "I know that smile " Trying to appear nonchalant, I swiftly disappeared into my room. I delayed facing my parents for as long as possible, but eventually, dinner time arrived.

Seated at the dining table, I realized my parents expected me to break the silence. Initiating the conversation, my mother asked, "Did you have something to eat, Ishu?" Her maternal instincts were undoubtedly at play, trying to gauge how everything went. "Yes, Mom, I did," I replied.

"So, what do you think of him?" she continued. Before I could answer, my dad interjected with concern, "Take your time, dear. You know you can take as much time as you need, right?" I smiled at his caring nature. "I know, Dad, but this time, I want to go ahead with this. We're not identical, but we're not entirely different either. I'm sure about this," I said, my eyes shifting between my parents. My mother's expressions ranged from a small smile to a full-blown grin and then excitement. She leaned over and gave me a hug, while my dad smiled and playfully pulled my cheek.

Later that night, as I helped my mother clear the dishes, I knew I needed to address something on my mind to find peace. "Mom, I haven't told Samaksh anything yet. I wasn't sure if he would be comfortable hearing it right away. But now, I feel if we move forward without him knowing, it would almost be like cheating him."

She sat next to me, taking my hand in both of hers. "Ishu, I understand what you're thinking. But don't stress yourself over it. If he made you feel at ease and understood your nervousness at the first glance, he'll understand this too. Just promise me you won't make it seem like a weakness. It's not, my dear. It has nothing to do with how you live your life. You deserve everything in this world." I nodded in response and managed a wobbly smile.

Just before we headed to our respective rooms, her phone pinged with a message from Samaksh's mom.

SAMAKSH'S POV: