CHAPTER 13

AUTHOR'S POV:

Samaksh's heart twinged with a subtle ache as he observed Anaisha, enveloped in a tender embrace with her mother, leaning gently against the car while awaiting their departure.

Today marked Anaisha's departure for Germany—a day both of them had mentally prepared for but hoped would never arrive too soon. Their schedules had been relentlessly busy since their engagement, leaving them with scant opportunities to meet. However, they had resolved that Samaksh would accompany her to the airport in the early hours of the morning before heading directly to work. It was their sole chance to steal a few moments together before parting ways. Thus, there he stood, at the unforgiving hour of 3 a.m., grateful for any fleeting moments he could share with her.

As Anaisha made her way towards the car, Samaksh straightened, his gaze catching the glimmer of unshed tears in her eyes, illuminated by the faint streetlights. Sensing her need for a moment of solitude, he quietly waited, allowing her the space to gather her thoughts and emotions.

Once settled inside the car, they exchanged farewells with her parents and commenced their journey. The quiet ambiance enveloped them until Samaksh, reaching across, intertwined his fingers with hers, tenderly placing a kiss upon her hand. Anaisha turned to him, her grip on his hand tightening in silent acknowledgment of their shared bond.

As they drove towards the airport, a heavy silence hung between them, both grappling with the impending separation in their own way. Sensing the need to extend their time together, Samaksh decided to park the car a bit farther from the terminal, allowing them a few precious moments before Anaisha's departure.

Glancing at her, he noticed her turned profile, her gaze fixed on the passing scenery beyond the window. Yet, the soft sound of her sniffles betrayed her inner turmoil.

"Anaisha, please don't cry, sweetheart. What happened overnight? You were so excited..." he began, his voice filled with concern.

Her response came in a wavering tone, mixed with brief laughter tinged with sadness. "I was, and I still am, but I don't want to leave, Samaksh. These past few months have been so wonderful, amidst all the changes in our lives. I've grown used to having you around, and the idea of being apart... it just doesn't sit well with me."

Samaksh listened attentively, his heart aching at her distress. "I don't want to dismiss your feelings, Anaisha. But this opportunity is huge. You've worked so hard for this, even before we met. These three months will pass quickly, I promise. Focus on the amazing journey ahead. You're about to live your dream, Anaisha, and that's something to be incredibly proud of. I might not have said it often, but I truly am proud of you. And though it pains me to say goodbye, knowing that you're taking steps towards your career goals brings me joy, even if it means spending some time apart," he confessed, his voice thick with emotion.

Anaisha's uncertainty lingered, her expression filled with anxiety. "I don't know, Samaksh. I just hope I can handle this. It's going to be really tough."

"Look at me," he gently urged, his hands enveloping hers as he turned to face her fully, his gaze unwavering.

"This distance won't mean a thing, Anaisha. I know it's going to be tough at first. Let's establish a few ground rules, okay?" Samaksh proposed, his tone earnest.

"First, let's find a time each day when we can call each other, at least once. If we're too busy, we can text, but we need to ensure regular communication," he suggested.

"Two, we FaceTime whenever possible," Anaisha added, her voice gaining some of its usual energy.

"Absolutely, that's my girl," Samaksh praised, relieved to see her returning to her usual self. "Three, no hiding anything from each other. We share everything, no matter how we're feeling."