Chapter 28

That night Sung had slept better than he had in years. For the first time in a long time the dreams hadn't assaulted him. He awoke in the early morning hours feeling refreshed. Pushing himself up he pulled away the blanket and sat on the edge of his bed for a few moments, trying to wake himself up. It was in that moment Sung realized this may be the last time in a long time he slept in his own bedroom. It was Spartan compared to Nikkō or Naomi's bedroom's, he had never been one to need much. Outside of his bed he had a small writing desk that he had spent many a sleepless night going over Tax reports and other such documents that just seemed to melt the brain, he certainly wouldn't miss that paperwork.

Outside of the desk walk in wardrobe was placed on the far left wall, though much of the space was empty save for only twelve or so outfits and even less footwear. He wasn't a man who cares about fashion, so long as he had something that was comfortable and if he need be he could fight in he was happy.

Rubbing his neck he stood up and stretched, bending down and touching his toes getting the kinks out. Once he had finished he had dressed himself in the same black outfit he had arrived in. Naomi having been sweet enough to have it washed and dried for him. Yesterday...experience played back in his mind and for whatever reason he walked over to his desk and opened the top right drawer, two items were in here one being a small hand mirror, and the other a old snd cracked leather bound book. He hadn't even opened the book in years, once he had spent what free time he had engrossed in it, turning lines into what some would describe as art. Perhaps with a new war to be found he would need the book as an outlet...something to help him from falling back down the dark road he had once been walking.

He took the two items out, setting the book on the table top and picking up the mirror, holding it up. The dark circles under his eyes were gone, the tired and melancholy neural expression was...somewhat gone, he could tell some of it was still there but not like it had been. He was satisfied with that, putting the mirror down and walking back to the edge of his bed where his armor, boots, and sword rested. Putting all the items on. Finally he took his sketch book and tucked it into the back of his belt.

Before leaving he took one final look around his meager dwellings and let out a sigh, the last time he had left this room for a long period of time had been when he was thirteen, he had just gotten his commission as a Second Lieutenant, the Army in those days was awfully lax on what age Soldiers could enlist. When he left it was three long years before he returned...he prayed this time wouldn't be as long.

Leaving his bedroom Sung walked through the halls of his Estate, passing Warriors on guard duty bowing to him as he passed. As he moved through the vast halls he heard...laughing coming from the dining room. Goddess how long had it been since laughter had filled that room? He couldn't even remember.

He stepped inside to see gathered around the Table Naomi, Ursa, Azula, and Noren each laughing at something well it was mostly Naomi, Ursa, and Noren laughing, Azula gave a more simple. "So me and my team were chasing this guy for I don't even know how long." Naomi said, apparently filling them with stories of her military career. "He rounds a Corner as he hits a dead end and turns to look at us and throws his hands up. I asked his why he was running and he tells me "ma'am I wasn't running I was just walking really fast." The nerve of this guy to tell us that as we chased him at least three blocks." Naomi laughed harder, buying her face in her hand for s few moments before continuing. "I ask him why he was walking fast, and he says "I don't know it looked like you guys wanted to race." So we pat the guy down and he's got nothing on him, no stolen goods no crimes had been reported. The man just wanted to waste our time and a threw him in jail for the night to teach him a lesson. He was disappointed he only got a day."

"Is that the story about the guy who took one look at your patrol going down the street and he took off running?" Sung asked, cutting into the conversation.