Chapter 7

Comprised of little more than four wooden walls a few worn out tables and uneven chairs the Madams Galore was the most popular drinking Establishment on this side of Yamagishi. In there a young woman with striking Ember eyes and long black hair pulled into a high ponytail, lived out her days serving drinks to drunken fools for less than ideal wages. How far she had fallen in such a short amount of time.

It always seemed to be busy in Madams Galore around the end of the week. Probably had something to do with the wages being handed out to the workers of the logging camp, what little money they made they quickly squandered on over priced drinks. A small distraction from the fact they would never get any higher in their stations in life. That was a feeling she new well, once upon a time she had power and influence over people like those that drowned their sorrows in this pub. She had commanded fleets it was she who had brought glory and Victory to the Fire Nation... now she was just- "Emiko another round to table six."

She suppressed the annoyance growing inside her as she stopped her task of wiping down an empty table. Turning she's made her way through the rows of tables to the back of the bar where a long counter was situated, behind the counter were sleeves lined with glass bottles of various different Liquors, Ales, and other drinks meant to dull the senses. Behind the counter stood a middle aged woman dressed in rather simple attire and apron wrapped around herself that was coated in various stains of unknown origin. Her dark brown hair was pulled into a Topknot, the back left to hand down on her shoulders. This woman was Homura, owner and operator of this "fine" drinking establishment. She had just finished placing three mugs of foamy golden colored liquid in simple tin cups onto an equally as simple Tin tray.

"Emiko" picked up the tray without a word and turned back around. Looking over the bar she spotted table Six located on the other side, this was occupied by three men around their mid thirties. One of the men being a rather heavy set individual. Sighing to herself she walked through the bar. Picking up bits and pieces of their conversation as she approached. "Their meeting again tonight, some kind of swearing in ceremony or something. I tell you it's something big."

"Bah." The big man said. "These kinds of thing's always die down eventually, ain't nothing going to happen except they are going to get too big for their britches and the Fire Lord is going to shut them down!"

They stopped talking as "Emiko" approached each one smiling at her. But one smile in particular wasn't exactly what she would refer to as "kind" it was the type of smile people gave when they saw something they really wanted. "Ah the Beer Angel approaches!" The fat man said with an over enthusiastic clap. "Just in time."

"Emiko" did her best to smile as she sat the tray on the edge of the table and passed out the drinks. "Here you go boys." She said in a chipper tone. She then gathered up the empty glasses.

"Thank you." One of the men said, his head was shaven, nothing but peach fuzz. "Say Emiko have you heard?"

She looked at the man and gave an expression of confusion. "Heard about what?"

"Those people going in and out of that Veterans Hall on the other side of town." Peach Fuzz said. "Quai here says that he was passing by there the other night and the people inside were talking all quiet like they didn't want to be heard. But he says he heard one thing real clear. He said he heard them say that a few days from now that they were going to attack."

The man who she could only assume was Quai scoffed as he picked up his mug and took a drink. "I didn't say that exactly, I just thought I heard it. They could of been talking about anything."

Peach fuzz laughed. "What other context could attack be?"

"Maybe they were... Hell I don't know." Quai said with a shrug. "All I know is the people that join that thing are nut jobs. I mean they tried to get me to go in there when they found out I was in the Navy. Said it was a "like minded place for like minded people", I went in there one time and they had a picture of Ozai hanging on the wall as clear as day. I high tailed it out of there real quick, I'm surprised the Chief Constable hasn't shut that place down yet."