Omnicide 2.0

Fatal Emperor wasted no time in siccing Sage, or "The Deceiver" as he liked to call her, on Rewrite.

Her mouth was wide open, ready to devour and turn to Rewrite into code for her master to consume.

But Rewrite, still not uttering a single word, just stares at Sage with an unfaltering smile on his face.

*CLICK*

'Huh? What was that sound?' Fatal could swear he heard something.

But believing it wasn't anything important, he ignored it.

Sage suddenly dropped to the ground and started leaking liquified code all over the ground like a busted car.

"Huh?" Fatal watched the display, not knowing what to do. "What did you do to my puppet?"

Rewrite, again, says nothing. He looked down at Sage, ignoring Fatal. He didn't perceive him as a threat.

"Answer-!"

"W-What's happening to me...?" Sage suddenly said.

'What?!' Fatal was even more surprised. 'She's talking! How is she talking?!'

His puppets never talked. They couldn't. Whatever Rewrite did, it was allowing Sage to talk again.

Once code stopped leaking out of Sage's body, all of it turned to vapor. She wasn't "The Deceiver" anymore.

She was turned back to normal. Fatal's code was completely gone from her body.

"W-Where am I?!" Sage said, panicking. "Father! Where is father?!"

She then saw Rewrite and Fatal looking at her. She didn't make much of Rewrite's presence, but she froze upon seeing Fatal.

"Y-You! You took control of me! What did you do to Father?!" Sage screamed at him.

'This shouldn't be possible...' Fatal thought. 'My code was removed from her effortlessly. If he can do that...'

'He can free Sonic too!'

Over the years, Sonic's body never turned against him or showed any signs of Sonic fighting back against him.

He was still alive, but the difference in power between Fatal and Sonic was so great that he could never break out.

'But that thing... If he does whatever he did to Sage to me, Sonic could return and take his body back! I can't allow that.'

Rewrite was a digital life form far more abnormal than Fatal himself was.

Rewrite, finally making a sound, laughed at Sage. He found this interaction amusing. He seemed interested in her.

*CLACK*

'There it is again! But the sound's different for some reason...' This universe was nothing but an enigma.

Sage disappeared. Rewrite turned her into a ring that had her color scheme. The Sage Ring disappears. He'd check her out later.

Then, he looks at Fatal. He instantly assimilated Eggman, aka "The Meatshield MK.II", into his body.

'I'll get my other puppet back later. Gotta make sure my puppets stay my puppets and don't get freed by that freak.'

"I don't know what you did, but I won't concern myself with that. You'll be a part of my nigh-infinite database soon enough."

Strings appear out of his fingertips and launch themselves at Rewrite. At the same time, another set of arms appears from the ground and clasps onto Rewrite, holding him still.