Familiar

Announcement: I'm thinking about writing another story that includes Zeenew (of course..) and if you plan to read it either, you can follow my profile for any news.

The next day, we woke up at almost 11 and ordered meal, wore the sweatpants that Zee took for gym from the car, and decided to watch a movie downstairs in the afternoon.

I was watching the movie lying on Zee's knees until a question came to my mind...

I lifted my head from my knee and crossed my knees.

"Zee, let me ask you something...When did you start liking me?"

"Let me think..." he said, pretending to think.

"So you can't remember what easily?" I said with a sad expression.

"It was a joke." Saying that, I slapped his arm gently.

"Okay okay, I'm telling you. I actually had positive feelings for you when I first saw you, but I'm sure I didn't show it to you."

Flashback

Benji and I were walking around the garden where my mother's wedding took place.

I did not know the person who would be my stepfather, nor his family. I was told that he had a son, but I had never seen him, I did not know if he would come today.

The weather was beautiful, everyone was waiting for the wedding in their most elegant clothes, and we were welcoming the guests.

After the person who would become my father and my mom entered the garden with a small ceremony, everyone started to have fun.

Some were dancing, some were eating, some were immersed in conversation. We were sitting at the table chatting, while my stepfather Fenhua got up from the table. "My son.."

He got up from the table and turned to the person he was going to.

This tall, fit boy in a dark suit must have been his son. He swept his stern gaze over all of us and hugged his father. As they approached the table, my mother stood up and lifted me up as well.

"Congratulations.." He said and placed a small kiss on my mother's hand. My mother thanked and introduced me.

Fenhua also said something about his son, but all I focused on was the name I heard through his cold stare.

"Zee..."

We shook hands and he left without sitting at the table because he had to make a phone call, he was not seen during the wedding, and he never came to us again after that.

Back to day

"I remember that day..." I said with a slight smile.

"I wasn't there properly that day, because I couldn't accept that my father was getting married, that we were starting a new life.
That's why I didn't come home for a while. I spent the summer vacation with my friends outside the city..."

Flashback

We had decided to throw a family house party before the winter season came after summer, so we invited a few of Fenhua's and our relatives to the house.

While everyone was at the pool in the backyard of the house, I went in, grabbed a cold drink and lay down on the front seat, wearing a short white short.

While I was watching something on my phone, I heard the door open after the key, I looked up when someone entered.

This familiar face...

That person I haven't seen since the wedding...

My stepbrother came in dragging his suitcase, I barely got up.

“Oh well…” Without even looking at me properly, he turned his head in the direction of the voices and spoke. "Where are ours?"

Back to day

"I saw you back in the kitchen in the shorts you wore in the kitchen..."

"I thought you weren't looking at me properly." I said, pursing my lip.

"Would I remember if I didn't look properly, baby?" He said as he approached and kissed me.