Obsession

At the end of the night, everyone was getting in their cars and leaving.

Benjamin was already gone.

I was waiting for Zee. No matter how much I insisted on my mother, she wouldn't let me stay with my friend. Because she thought I was staying with Benji for yesterday.

I sighed out loud.

At that moment Zee's car stopped in front of me. I opened the door and sat in the seat next to the driver's seat.

"Good evening." said Zee.

I said "Good evening.." but in a low mood.

"What happened NuNew?" He turned to my face.

"Are you going to ask?"
I turned to face him and fixed my eyes on him.

"Since you answered my question with a question, yes I will ask it again and again." He said.

I didn't answer and just stood there but only for a few seconds.

"Why am I coming with you? My friend would drive me home too."

I said grumpy, shrugging my shoulders as if I wasn't comfortable.

"We know that friend of yours."
He spoke without taking his eyes off the road. His plural speech and its implied annoyance annoyed me.

"I'm talking about Benjamin. But anyone can leave me. You can't interfere."

He turned to me after what I said.

"Then why can't I do? If anyone could."

He was getting on my nerves.

"Just leave me here Zee. You're doing a favor, but you are always saying something."

As he slowed the car down, he said, "That's how you listen to me. You hung up on me last night. You don't understand how to talk normally."

I was listening to what he was saying as I tightened my seat belt. When he stopped the car at the corner of the road, I put my hand on the door handle and tried to open it.

It wouldn't open.

"Is this car door broken?" I asked him.

He was looking at me with a slight smile. "Consider another option."

My hands are still leaning back on the belt.

"What, you locked me up? Why did you do this now? What was the need?"

With a sudden movement, he brought his face closer to me. "Why NuNew? Why could it be? Because I don't want you to get off. Oh, and if you don't let us talk, I'll create an environment to talk. Here you go. We're going to talk things out now."

"Well then," I said, pretending to have the same comfort as him.

"Okay, let's talk. Let's talk, but you know what? Here's the thing: How you use me, okay?"

He was gritting his teeth because I could see the movements of his muscles somewhere between his cheek and chin.

"You said let's talk frankly, so let me tell you what I know. Rachel told me everything already.
You were talking to each other. What is it anyway to me, right? But the thing is, you're touching me on the corner of our house, then go flirt with Rachel. And then what happened? She came to ask me about your health. Then Mr. Zee should make me feel guilty despite all of this. Just because I talked to Josh."

As I finished my sentences, he began to speak.

"Don't keep saying I'm using you, because there is no such thing. You never listened to me. If I hadn't kept you here now, you wouldn't have listened again. Look, I don't know exactly what Rachel told you, but what you're saying is just something she made up. We were in the same class in high school. We started dating, even in the 11th grade, everything was going well. It was fine between us, but Rachel has changed a lot in the last year of school. At first, I didn't realize it, but as time passed, I learned her true character. She had an obsession. We knew this, including her close friends. Bu she started obsessing over me when I thought her obsession was just about cleaning. She was making everything a problem. This has become unbearable for me. She didn't let me to even talk to my father. I tried to persuade her to get treatment, but she definitely refused. I couldn't stand it, I decided to leave, but she wouldn't accept it. Finally, I spoke to her family and told my own father as well. Even our fathers talked about it. You can ask my father if you want. She started treatment at that time, and even started to study outside the city with the advice of the doctor. She came back to our department at the beginning of the year. I'm just saying hello to her when I see on the university, I'm not even close to her."

I was literally shocked by what Zee said.

Was it real?

Had Rachel a potential obsession?

I wasn't sure, but Zee's father Fenhua was involved to this issue.

When I was still in the shocked mood, Zee dialed the number of his father.

"Zee, son?"

"Dad good night."

"Good night, did something happen?"

"No, not at all, I was just going to tell you something. I'll give you some news. Did you remember? I had a girlfriend in high school..."

A voice came from her father.

"You mean Patrick's daughter, right? That one obsessed with you."

"Yes." Zee agreed.

"She didn't do anything, right? You said she came back to the university here. Is there a problem? If so, tell me, I'll talk to his father."

Zee laughed. "Dad, when you say that, it sounds like we're on still elementary school."

"Son, it may sound like that, but we need to be aware of the seriousness of this issue. Her mental health is not good."

Zee nodded, as if he would see his father.

"You're right, Dad. I was just going to ask if his dad said anything, that's what I thought."

"He hasn't said anything since the beginning of the year. We're already on holiday. Maybe Rachel completely forgot about you. No matter how you impressed her, she couldn't erase you for so long." He said mockingly. "Just kidding aside, she actually seems like a nice girl. I'm sure she'd be even better if she got treatment."

"That's right, dad." said Zee.

Then they ended the call by saying good night to each other.

There was silence in the car. Neither he nor I were talking. He was facing me, waiting for me to say something.