A Beautiful Heart

Author: I'm waiting for votes and comments, all I can see that there are so many ghost readers right here. But as an writer I am giving my time and effort to this story.

"Nunew? Well, I guess he hasn't woken up yet. I'll go to his room and see. We'll eat something or maybe go out...
Time passes, somehow. Don't worry about us, focus there. Okay daddy, see you later."

I opened my eyes when Zee spoke on the phone.

My yesterday's pain was relieved from the medication and sleeping. Still in bed watching Zee from behind, I felt my throat tighten and coughed slightly. Hearing my voice, Zee turned to me.

He smiled.

"Good morning."

I smiled too. .

"Good morning."

"You took the medicine yesterday. Did it feel good?"

"Yes, I am good."

He sat on the bed.

"My father called and asked about you or something. They said they were fine, but we can come back tomorrow."

I was listening to what he was saying, straining his messy hair.

"Alright."

I said briefly. He came close to me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled and leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Get up, it's already noon. I'll take you somewhere."

I opened my eyes in surprise. We didn't go places together very often. Usually, if my mother and stepfather took us with them, we would go to dinner as a family. The fact that he was taking me somewhere now made me excited.

"Yeah let's go."

I got out of bed to get ready.

After almost 45 minutes of travel, we reached the place that Zee mentioned. This was a seaside town far from the city we live in.

We passed many wooded areas along the way. We even stopped at one of them and had a small picnic with sandwiches from the bakery, accompanied by old songs playing on the car radio. I realized that I miss getting fresh air. We had a very refreshing journey with the windows of the car completely open, our hair and summer shirts flying, and when I finally saw the beach, I was filled with a different peace. It was a relief to be away from the bustle of the city.

Zee lowered his green-rimmed sunglasses and parked the car, turning to me. He looked so cute with his glasses.

"What happened?"

He said seriously.

"With these glasses..."

I said through my giggles.

"You look so sweet."

When I said that, his serious demeanor turned into a mischievous one.

"Hmm, would you like to taste this candy?"

He said with a grin.

"Um, let me see."

I leaned in and gave him a short kiss on the cheek. He gave me the same kiss and said,

"Let's get down. We're here."

I looked around more carefully. We came to a house by the beach. It had three floors and looked more like a small apartment from the outside. With its white and dark blue paint, it resembled a sailor's lighthouse. While one side of the house was facing the beach, the other was facing the road, but there was not as much traffic as the inner city highways.