Chapter 25

Manik came out of his college, on his way home he saw a kitten crossing road with an injured leg.

He moved towards it and picked it in his arms, "Hey! Shhh.....it's alright!".

He was so lost in comforting the kitten didn't notice the black car zooming towards him, suddenly got pulled aside, making both him and the other person fall on the other side.

The other person got up and started yelling at the car which was speeding away.

She looked back at Manik who sat hugging the kitten close, the girl's eye went to a scratch on his elbow and got worried, "You are injured!" Holding his hand in a gentle grip.

"It's ok! I am fine!" Manik tried to shrug it off but she take out her handkerchief and tied it around his wound stopping bleeding.

Manik stared at her who is caring for him without even knowing him, "Thanks!" He gave a nod.

Smiling at him, stopped when she realised Manik's stupid act.

Girl: "Thank you wank you sab baad mein phela yeh batao ka tumhare andar akal nahi hain kiya jo bina dheka road cross kar raha tha?". She scolds him sternly.

Manik looked at him cutely with puppy eyes "Wo yeh kitten injured thi aur road cross kar rahi aur mein bina dheka iska pass isko bachana agaya, sorry". Manik said innocently melting her heart.

Girl: "It's ok! Koi baat nahi bas aga sa dehan rakna (be careful next time)". She said and Manik nodded his head.

Manik: "Pacca plomise, Mannu will be careful next time". Manik said while forwarding his pinky finger Manik the other smiled at his gesture which was full of innocence.

Girl: "Good, waisa mera naam Helly hain aur tumhara".

Manik: "Mera naam manik hain". Manik said.

Before Helly could ask more his mobile started ringing interrupting their conversation.

Manik: "Bhaiyu ka call". Manik said while looking at the mobile screen, he looked at Helly and say.

Manil: "Acha mein tumse baad mein baat karta hun, by". Manik said and went from their leaving Helly alone.

Helly looked at manik's disappearing figure with a soft smile, she was smiling genuinely after years, her soul was feeling at peace after so many years, and the reason for her smile and happiness was unknown to her.

Manik's innocence touched her heart, his brown eyes which held nothing but just innocence pure innocence, and his cute gibberish language is too soothing for her burning heart.

She smiles sadly, she wishes she can spend some more time with him, she hopes she gets another chance to meet this innocent cute goofball.

Thinking this she left from there with a heavy heart.

Here in the office arjun and Sakshi were discussing something.

Sakshi: "Arjun yeh file hain kuch singers ki jina meina finalized kiya hain tum dheklo". Sakshi said but Arjun doesn't react, he was thinking something deeply. 

Sakshi: "Arjun". She called him again got startled as he hadn't heard her.

She kept her hand on his shoulder shook him slightly, making arjun come out of his deep thought's, and glanced at her.

Arjun: "Kya hua, koi kaam hain?". Arjun asked, Sakshi not commenting on his absent mind.

Sakshi: "Kam hain na Arjun bohut important kam hain, yeh kuch singers ki list hain jisa meina finalized kiya hain, tum ek bar check karlo, are you ok with this". She forwarded the file to him.