Chapter 12: Hunt

She didn't know where she was going but she followed the Yautja's instructions and followed him with the female ones being lead as well.

They exit the ship and immediately Malin takes a long breath at finally feeling brisk air. "Kept me in there cooped up Tiger," she jests as she carefully walks through the jungle plains.

They walked for a good thirty minutes, but for Ayath, it felt like hours since Malin was talkative during their journey. She talked mostly to her mei'hswei but what struck her as peculiar and strange was when she talked to Vaki, discussing mostly about animals that live on her planet.

"So in our culture, there is a mythical creature known as a Unicorn, it isn't real but you know what is? A long-necked dotted patterned, long tongued, mammal with horns, and to me its weird that it exists yet a horse with a horn doesn't," Malin discusses to Vaki who listened loosely.

"Paya, this ooman doesn't shut up," Ayath growls to Yitoth as she readied her spear angrily. "If it was my bidding, her tongue would have been torn off,".

Yitoth stops at a small wooded clearing and turns to Ayath, "But it isn't," he tells her as he begins setting traps around the area. "Now go scout the area, try locating where they are, lure them here,".

"As you wish," she lowers her head and jumps onto one of the trees with her spear at hand.

"Hey Tiger, what we doing all the way out in this jungle? You know my kind are looking for me possibly," she says to him with a smile and leans on his shoulder, though she quickly gets off as she sees the large female alien glare at her from the trees.

Yitoth continues to defend Malin, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Setting traps in the open area, he then begins to slowly walk deeper into the forest.

"Mei'hswei, the oomans you had been tracking, how much further must we walk," Vaaki, the more gentle and smaller sister, asks as she walks by him.

He looks down at Vaaki, appearing more gentle and relaxed around her. Yitoth points to the north, before turning back to the trail, leading the way, his hand still on Malin's shoulder. It continues to follow the path to the north, with its eyes scanning the forest for any threats.

Meanwhile, Malin is happily looking at the jungle scenery. She adored looking at the birds fly through the jungle and insects crawling. It made her walk a lot more enjoyable until Yitoth stops by raising his hand.

They found a perfect spot to hunt for the oomans.

"Tiger?" Malin asks with her head tilted.

Yitoth ignores her and pushes down on her body to a kneeling position. He then motions for her to stay and that is when she saw for first hand what her fellow man described, he simply disappeared into thin air, almost like a ghost.

"Uhhh Tiger? Where are you?" She questions as she tries to stand up, but a hiss from the male caused her to stay in place.

Yitoth then jumps into the foliage of the trees and hangs onto it, waiting for his prey to come fourth. His chest puffs up and his mandibles click excitedly. He was ready to avenge himself to falling to such weaker beings.

Malin, meanwhile, was confused. She didn't know why she was here and why she had to sit down on her knees in the tall grass. Her eyes trail everywhere, looking at the surrounding area, cautious and intrigued by the lush forest. It was peaceful and calm for the most part.

That is until she looked to the left of her and her eyes lock on unkown men in the distance, their face appearing as a blur from the distance, but upon spotting her, they point and begin to run towards her, charging through the jungle but soon the vile sounds of screaming overtook the forest as she watched them be stabbed and torn apart by the ghost that is their kind.

"Tiger!" She cries out for him as she realizes what was happening.

They were using her for bait and hunting her fellow man like the night she first met the strange alien.

Soon she saw more men appear and begin firing at the trees, she runs and begins crying out for her alien protector, tears rolling down her face as she ran, but as she did, she into someone.

Snow, thank goodness.

"Please I don't want to see this," she immediately begs the female Yautja who was covered in blood and dragging a dead body. But when she took a closer look at it, she realized it was no one other than the man who brought her here, Lance.

"Oh my God...." she stammers as she gazes at his motionless self and walks back slowly. She looks into his eyes, still opened and in shock. A disturbing sight to see, and so she began to run, run away away from that horrible imagery.

Once again she is crying and screaming as she runs through the jungle, her breathing accelerated and her face covered in sweat and tears. Her body felt cold yet hot.

She makes a dash into some foliage but as she jumped for cover, her body is suddenly grabbed and she is pulled up into the trees. She tries fighting away from the grasp of whatever got her but when she looked back, she was comforted by the sight of Tiger.

His grasp is strong around her and he pulls her in closer, of course out of dominance but Malin wanted to believe it was him comforting her.

"Why?" She whimpers as she shoves her face into his chest.

Yitoth sees her distress, he knew she was horrified but this was a normal thing for his species, if she was to be his 'a'seigan, she was to get used to it, the blood and seeing her fellow human be hunted.

He holds her close until he hears his mei-jadhi roar in victory of her first kill, though he wanted to find the man who trapped him, this was about Vaaki and it appears she had gotten her kill.

Holding onto her, Yitoth makes a leap and jumps through the trees, Malin is deathly silent with her eyes widened. She's a bit worried for the ooman but he knows she'll snap out of it, he had a way to do so.

"mei-jadhi, let me see the man you caught," he demands as he lands to the ground with Malin over his shoulders.

Vaaki bows her head and show him the spine and skull of the man.

He nods approvingly to her, impressed by her killing a high official.

But the moment is ruined as Ayath came in with blood covering her body and two bodies over her shoulders. Two young men dead and with a large hole on their chest.

"Your blood lust, it's frightening in a terrible way," Yithoth expresses.

Ayath growls and drops the men, "and where is your kills?".

"This was about Vaaki, not my own hunt,".

"Still not a reason to not snatch a few trophies,".

"This ooman I hunted was swift but he began arguing with a man and it gave me the perfect time to strike," Vaaki chimes in.

"Foolish ooman, pyrode..." Ayath hisses as she walks in the direction in which they came. "And the ooman-di, what's wrong with her".

Yitoth growls softly, "Scared, scared of what she saw," he says.

Ayath nods and continues walking, "Typical".

Vaaki and Yitoth follow suit, making there way back to the ship.

Malin, still shaking yet petrified.