𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - [𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐫]

Delilah

Delilah

Potions were never my thing.

I always excelled in Charms, Divination, Astronomy, and even Care of Magical Creatures.

And don't get me wrong, I had to do well — I was way too competitive and stubborn to let shallow twats like Draco or Snape get in the way of my grades. I craved academic validation like I was starved of it.

So, while I didn't quite understand the Potions class, I still performed well. However, it was the only class I ever had to study for, and that was infuriating.

It was much better now.

Snape wasn't by any means a bad teacher. Just very unapproachable. I never failed to notice how detached and cold he was toward me specifically, and it didn't a genius to understand why.

Now Slughorn is here, and I'm in a class that never fails to make my blood boil. The sound of my brother and Hermione flood my ears as I try  to figure out how to make this stupid potion work.

Harry decided to join the class, and for what reason, I'll never know.

"Harry, you're doing it wrong," Hermione said, her hair frizzed and all over the damn place.

I scoff, "Harry, clearly what is in this stupid bloody book is incorrect." And although I finished it second to my dear brother, mine was nearly perfect.

Nearly.

Maybe I was happy to have potions. After all, I needed to clear my head after the horror I woke up to this morning.

A dream.

My own damn dreams were betraying me. I was my own fucking traitor, and apart from being incredibly embarrassed - I was also incredibly horny.

Fucking fantastic.

But I didn't realize how bad it was until I felt how wet I was. And although I was basically throbbing with need, I didn't give in.

Thankfully, Riddle was quieter than normal and not up to his normal mischief.

Which led me to the creeping suspicion that he somehow knew.

I wouldn't put it past him to go into my dreams.

Merlin knows he got into my mind until I discovered and kicked him out.

I don't know, I prayed for my sake that his cocky ass didn't see anything within that dream. For now, I would do my best to forget that the dream happened entirely, which might've been the next best thing to forgetting him.

"Miss Potter!"

The sound snapped me out of my train of thought, my eyes snapped to the professor walking up to me.

He was a fairly gentle man with an uncomfortable smile, and suspicion circled in his eyes like fog on water. His attitude and the way he talked changed per the person he was talking to. And while he could stand up straight, his back was slightly hunched over at the top, it made him look older than he actually was.