Hangin' out

Steven POV

When I woke up, I was normal again. It took a few moments before remembering all that had happened. 'I was a baby the whole day??' I mentally groan, grabbing my phone and checking the time. A piece of paper fell to the floor. I picked it up and opened it. 'Call me when you wake up.' the note had said. I guessed it was Y/n.

And so, I did.

"Hey Y/n! I'm back to normal."
"Heya! Are your scales still there?"

I check, and once confirmed, I answer:

"Yeah."
"It's okay, just make sure that if your uncomfortable to call me. Like yesterday, I'm free. School's over and I don't want to force myself to deal with my 100% fake friends."
"Well then, it's decided. Come over."
"In this particular episode, you swell up and decide to go and visit the diamonds. Maybe you go do that??"
"Can I bring you with?"
"As long as you come and watch one of me and Jasper's training sessions."
"Kay'! See you soon?"
"Yep! Wait at the TV!"

They hang up, and I stare at the TV across the room. A hand stick through, and I'm quick to help them out. It was never normal to see someone fall out of your TV, and I can't say I'll ever get used to it. "Y/n!" I cheer, and they laugh.

"Want to see if I can warp us there?" they challenged, and I nodded excitedly. They stepped on the warp pad, throwing their hands out in front of them. Their face was a mixture of focus and memories.

A bright, vibrant, blue light triggered, and we were gone in an instant. Eyes still closed, they asked the dumbest question, "I did it?" I scoff, "Duh. Look, we're here!" and indeed we were.

As expected, homeworld was vibrant with the colors of the diamonds. I could see stars form in their eyes as they stepped off the pad. They looked at me and said, "It's funny how a normal being like me went to a planet like this before anyone else in my dimension. There were no aliens of any kind discovered so far. Gems were a figment of Rebeca Sugar's imagination." I look at them and they elaborate, "The person who came up with the show and everyone in it."

I honestly couldn't care less about Rebecca. She made my life bad (from what I know), and Y/n was the only one able to fix it. "Don't give me that look." They sigh, "They need good plots you know. You wouldn't exist right now otherwise." I sigh, give them an eye roll, then I show them to the throne room (or palace? Whatever!).

And so, my significant other met the diamonds. I'm glad to say that it went pretty well, White, Blue, and Yellow seemed to take a liking to them almost immediately, Blue picking them up and setting them in her hair loop, next to her gem.

We talked for a while, and the diamonds showed us their new powers. When I grabbed one of Blue's clouds, I felt forced happiness, and I quickly let go of it. "Told you." Y/n giggles, catching one of the strange clouds.  They yeet it across the room. "I don't like it either." they grumble, "But this is actually for depressed gems that were just set free." I nod, and we meet Yellow next.

Yellow changed my physical form, and I start to turn pink. Y/n grabs my hands, forcing me to look at them. "You feel as though they are forcing you to change, don't you." they ask, and I nod sheepishly.

Then, White. They take the opportunity to mind-control her. "Traumatic, right?" they laugh in her body, that was now a Navy Purple. I give them a nervous thumbs up. "You know," they add on, "If I didn't want to be friends with White, I would have slammed her head into a pillar, like you would've. Teach her a lesson."

They stop, and White's color goes back to normal. Y/n drags me home before I can properly understand what they had said. They warp us back, and soon, I'm sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"You know I still have that meeting with Jasper." they point out. I groan, "Can I just have some quality time with the love of my lif4?" They giggle, bopping me on the nose and saying, "5 more min, but then we are leaving." I whine and snuggle up close to them. I was really cold.

"Where did you even get that jacket from?" they mumble, and I sigh. "Liooonnn!!" I call, and Lion appears in the doorway. "Hold your breath." I say, then I grab their wrist and drag them into Lion's fur. "What?" they ask, "You said to hold your breath. It is very much breathable in here." I choke, falling out of the pink grass and back onto the couch. I go back in seconds later.

They were looking at the opened chest on the island. "It's opened? What was inside?" they asked, and I had no choice but to drag them outside of Lion's mane. I couldn't breathe, let alone explain while suffocating in the pink strands.

"My jacket." I mumble, "My mother had me fitted, then multiplied it with a creation a few years back-" they nod, and I continue, "That's why, when I rip up my jackets, I usually have a spare. That's also why I have a lot of the same clothing." they nod, and I dove into Lion's mane again, grabbing a jacket before coming out again and handing it to them.

"Want it?" I ask, and they grab it. Then they did something I wouldn't expect: "I need to go home." and they disappeared through the TV.

Y/n POV

I could remember the fusion sensation as I gripped the jacket. 
I had an idea just then, and I was going to make it a reality, no matter what.
It was funny how I was really involved in the arts: Drama, sewing, drawing, sculpting, music, ect..

So, when I remembered this feeling. I remembered the stitched designs on my (our?) jeans as we (I?) walked to the temple.

I knew how I was going to make my jacket look different from his.
It was to sew.