Baby Steven

Don't own these songs :))

No POV

After Y/n and Steven unfused, they mindlessly talked for a little while. About what would have happened if he had proposed to Connie, and how lucky Y/n was that Steven had chosen them instead. (Ex: Going to visit the diamonds [they left out the shattering])

Eventually, Y/n texted their mom, telling her that they were sleeping over at Steven's. "Does this make us lovers?" Steven asked. Y/n laughed, "Duh." and pecked him on the cheek. They went to the couch and slept.

Steven didn't like this one bit, so instead, he picked them up, tucked them in his bed, and slept on the couch. It wasn't uncomfortable, but his bed was better.

He had dreams of the fusion, and after some thinking, he decided to call it Lavender Quarts. When he woke up, he was Y/n was sitting up in his bed, clearly zoned out. "What's up?" he asked, and they looked at him. "It wasn't supposed to be this way, but I'm glad." they said.

It made him uneasy, knowing that they knew he had messed up in his past future. He was glad he had Y/n there, especially now that they were his significant other. He walked up to them and stuck out his hand. They took it, getting out of his bed. They had really needed the help anyway - they were suffocating in his blankets.

"I'll go make some food?" he offered, and they nodded, "Want help?" he shook his head. Instead of jumping to reach stuff he needed on one of the high shelves, he shifted his legs. This was his biggest mistake. He turned into a baby.

He wailed, catching Y/n's attention. She rushed to him, gingerly cradling him in her arms, she laughed. "Silly Steven." he giggled. He was pink, and he was growing horns. He was stressed, obviously, but they sat down on the couch and made sure his now oversized clothing was wrapped around him.

Your POV

"Steven." you say, catching his attention. "I need you to calm down, you're pink." he looks at his outstretched hands. "Remember, I have seen you like this before. Don't worry. Better me than Connie, mind you." and he nods his tiny head.

You grab his phone from the coffee table, and call Greg, who was probably at the car wash. "Hello?" he says from his phone. "I don't believe we have met yet, but I'm Y/n. Steven has turned into a baby again. We are at the temple." you inform, and before he can say another word, you hang up.

You could see Steven shifting, clearly uncomfortable with the scales he was growing. You hum 'Here we are in the future' and some other songs (sometimes singing parts you like). It seemed to calm him down, and he babbled along to the songs.

Then, Greg made himself known. "Nice singing. Are you Y/n?" you blush and nod quietly. He took Steven from your arms. The baby did something you least expected: He started to cry, flailing in his father's arms. Greg quickly handed him back to you, and you cradled the child in your arms once more.

"Maybe we should go for a ride?" you ask, and Greg nods in confusion. You and Greg make your way to the van, and you get in only seconds later. "Sorry bout' that." you mumble, and he laughs, "Don't worry about it! He seems to trust you, and if I were a baby, I probably would too!"

You start to explain everything, pausing only to give him breaks so he could listen to the calming music you had asked him to play (Music up top). "Gee, thanks for filling me in." he sighs when you finish, clutching his shirt in the chest area. You laugh, "No problem! It's just been a rough week."

You see Steven frown a little and you sigh and look at him, "Trust me Steven, you made my week much better than it would've been. Don't you fret." he smiles up at you, and you give him a kiss on the cheek, "I won't let anything happen to you. You know me. This outcome was better than what would've happened anyway." you assure, and Greg asks, "What would have happened?"

You grimace, making Steven and Greg frown unconsciously. "I'll tell you, but not near Steven. It's for the better." Greg nods, and he drives back to the temple. On the way there, he says, "I heard you singing." and you laugh it off, "Awful, right?" he looks at you like you were crazy.

"Why would I think that? It was amazing! I can't believe you remembered my son's songs exactly." he says, and you laugh, "Well, in my world, his songs are in a playlist, so I can listen to them whenever I want. It's my most listened to, so don't be too surprised."

You synced your phone to Greg's van and managed to get it to play the playlist. "I didn't think that would work." you mumble, and Greg laughs. 

It was playing 'Be wherever you are' by the time Greg parked at the temple, and they were walking inside, phone in hand. You were tackled once you sit down. By Amythyst, Garnet, and Pearl. You had a close connection to Garnet (because Saphire liked you for your future vision) ["That's not true." Garnet mumbles.], but you didn't really know Amythyst and Pearl all that well. 

"Steven!" they all squealed, pointing to him. He turned pink, and a tail came out from under his bundle of clothing. "You're stressing him." you grumble, turning around so he wasn't facing them. "It's okay.... Your fine...." you mumble, and he laughs, returning to normal color (scales still there) and he sighs, then falls asleep. You set the bundled Steven on his bed, along with a change of clothes you had found in one of his drawers.

You explained the situation to the three, then wrote a note.
After that, you left, hoping he would recover, see the note, and text you.

Now you just had to tell your parents that you were dating a cartoon character.