- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕 -

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒 ——

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒 ——

【 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 】

"62 SHEEN ROAD. MRS. HOPE.", Lockwood asserted, as they halted in front of the house, they were supposed to rid of a Type Two.

The three adolescents saw a quick movement occurring in the house. "Here she comes.", Lockwood smiled slightly, adjusting his tie before the door was to be opened.

"Are you from the agency?", a voice behind them announced.

"Mrs. Hope?", Lockwood stepped forward. "I'm Anthony Lockwood. These are my colleagues, Maeve Spade and Lucy Carlyle. We've come about your problem. Care to show us inside?"

"I won't step foot in there", the elderly woman took a step back "Not since my husband passed. Not since... how he passed. I'm going to sell it, but it needs fixing first."

"That's exactly what we do.", Lockwood reassured the old woman.

"We're the best of the best.", Maeve smiled slightly, finding this whole interaction a bit odd if were to ask her.

"Locate the visitor, contain the source. A safe space means a satisfied customer.", Lucy added.

"Shouldn't you have a supervisor? I thought an adult had to be present at an investigation."

Lockwood went on to explain the state law so that Mrs. Hope was a bit more at peace and satisfied with her decision of hiring the young agents.

"To be honest, adults are pretty useless.", Maeve and Lockwood both promptly glanced at Lucy.

"Because of their lack of sensitivity. They just get in the way.", she tried to distort her statement to sound more rational.

"Your people skills amaze me time and time again Carlyle.", Maeve patted Lucy's shoulder.

"When I was your age, I was out chasing boys, having fun. It's terrible the world's come to this. I feel sorry for your generation.", she finished, making her way back towards the street, not waiting nor caring for a response, as her main focus was getting off her property and back to a place that didn't remind her of a time that she desperately wanted to forget.

"Well, you're definitely not missing anything Ant. You never have fun. Or chase girls for that matter.", Lockwood turned and playfully peered at her, smacked the side of her head after that statement and went ahead, up the small entry steps to open the door.

"Shall we?"

Maeve, Lockwood and Lucy entered the barely lit and frigidly cold home. Mae could feel the goosebumps creeping up her arms, but she wasn't entirely sure if the crispy temperature was at fault. She felt as if this house hasn't seen the birds chirping and the sun shining in a very long time. As if it was punished for the actions that transpired here. But that's the reason they were called in, so she ignored her gut feeling, and each member of the agency went into themselves and tapped into their powers with closed eyes.