- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈 -

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 ——

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 ——

【 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 】

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑.

"MAE! KITCHEN!"

"Coming Ant!", Mae wearily made her way downstairs, rubbing her eyes that still were groggy from sleep. She stepped into the well-lit room, with a smell of breakfast in the air.

"Ah, Mae. Nice of you to join us. Have a seat. Breakfast is ready.", Lockwood cheerfully acknowledged the sleepy girl entering the room.

She sat down in the chair across from George who didn't even spare her a glance, as his eyes were preoccupied with the food the head of the agency put in front of him.

"Pancakes and eggs?", Maeve smiled as she grabbed the fork displayed on their thinking cloth.

As she went to put a bite into her mouth, she stopped the fork mid-air and closed her mouth before the hot food could enter. She spared a glance at Lockwood who looked at her enthusiastically, which made her furrow her eyebrows.

"What is this?", the girl asked, suspiciously eyeing Lockwood.

"What do you mean darling?"

"What I mean, darling is that you never, ever, in all the time I've known you, ever made me, or George for that matter, breakfast. So, this is either poisoned, or you're trying to get something out of it."

Their staring contest was interrupted by the clatter of George's cutlery.

"Don't eat that!", Mae leaned over the table and slapped George's hand holding the fork.

"Oww. What was that for?!", he grabbed his slapped hand and started massaging it with his other.

"Yeah Mae, I'm being a great friend over here, waking up early and making you breakfast—", but he swallowed his next words when he saw the cold stare on Maeve's face.

"Ok fine, you got me", he moved from leaning against the kitchen counter with his hands in his pockets to gesticulating with his hands while rolling his eyes and grabbing the chair at the head of the table and plopping down "I made a team decision of putting an advert in the paper."

"You do know what a team decision means right?", Maeve raised an eyebrow.

"Hush Maeve, there are more important things to discuss than your ongoing feud", George remarked sparing the tablecloth a glance. If one was to look closely at where George's gaze went, you could see two badly sketched doodles of the pair, with a somehow straight line separating the drawings, and tally marks under each. So far, the girl obtained five, and the boy in the suit had four lines drawn to his name. "What in the gods' name did that advert announce Lockwood?"