- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈 -

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐 ——

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐 ——

【 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 】

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?", Anthony Lockwood furrowed his eyebrows as his gaze redirected from the girl that got swallowed by the dark of the night, to his partner George Karim who was holding a small notebook and a pen in his hand.

"Who? Me?", George looked up from his writing for a quick second, before continuing to scribble down notes.

"Yeah you, do you happen to see any other person or ghost I could converse with?"

"I'm just writing down the exact hour and date that Anthony Lockwood failed to get what he wanted.", the boy with glasses proceeded to put away his tiny notebook into his side pocket.

Lockwood looked perplexed.

"Don't look at me like that Lockwood, this has to be written down onto our thinking cloth when we get back to the house."

"As you said, I never fail. I'll get her to join our agency. One way or another.", Lockwood confidently stated, as both the boys made their way down the roof of the no longer haunted house.

"What's that supposed to mean? You're not planning on killing her before she actually joined, are you?"

"I— What? No, of course not. I meant trying to persuade her while maybe holding something sharp to her throat."

George blinked twice before responding: "So, if that doesn't work, which to be completely honest, it probably won't, our agency will be named Karim and Co. Because, after that encounter, I would probably be the only member left."

"Have some faith in your dearest friend George. I can be very persuasive when I want to be.", Lockwood smirked at George before throwing an arm around his shoulders, guiding him down the street.

"Faith? What's even your gameplan Lockwood?", the Karim boy asked the taller boy, squirming away from under his arm, and stopping in his track.

"She said she heard it from a koi. So, I will go and visit an old friend on the Thames.", his smirk never disappeared as he turned around and started to walk backwards away from George with his arms raised to emphasize the point he just made.

—————

"Are my eyes deceiving me or is that my favourite ghosthunter approaching my boat?"

"I would hardly call this a boat my dearest Flo.", Maeve Spade told her only friend, Flo Bones, as she jumped into the so-called boat.

"You wound me, dearie. You wound me.", she dramatically put her hand where her heart lay and made a grimace before Maeve flung her arms around her friend's neck and held her tight.