- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 -

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ——

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ——

【  𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐎 𝐏𝐔𝐅𝐅    】

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄. 𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄.

          𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄. And for a brief moment, the world ceased to spin, and the raindrops that were currently falling stopped mid-air. There was no Type Two trying to get me, and there wasn't a choice to be made between getting ghost-locked (or worse, ghost-touched) and dying a terrible death by falling off a three-storey high house.

But the quietude didn't last long. The rain nor the gravity stopped on my account, and I began to accept my fate with wide eyes.

I felt something warm grasp my hand.

"God?"

"Not quite. I'm deviously more handsome.", the mysterious voice let out a grunt, as I rammed into the side of the building, the only thing securing me from a certain death being the hand of a total stranger.

"Help me up why don't you.", I said through gritted teeth, grabbing the wet railing of the house.

"Hand me the source first why don't you.", he replied, but I made no move to grab the source which was deeply hidden inside my coat in the form of an old pocket watch.

"Help me up first. Or we both die when the visitor appears again."

I had a strand of dignity left after my 'almost meeting death' fiasco, and I wasn't going to give the source to some nincompoop that I have never seen before.

A smirk made its appearance on his sour face before he replied: "You don't really have a choice here love. Your feet aren't really on solid ground, and if I were to let go of your arm, you'd only—", but he was interrupted by a second foreign voice.

"Lockwood! He's back! The ghost is back!"

"Lockwood? As in Anthony Lockwood?", I squinted my eyes to get a better look at him, but the heavy rain and the darkness of the night did nothing to improve my eyesight.

In one swift move, and while ignoring my question about his name, he grabbed my upper arm with his free hand and hauled me up back onto the roof. I silently thanked him by nodding my head, and he gave me a thin-lipped smile before a shriek was heard in front of us.

The ghost was advancing toward us, and it was advancing fast.

That was when the pocket watch made its way out of the darkness of my pocket and into the moonlight.

"You don't happen to have a silver net, do you?", I look over at Lockwood who already had his rapier in his hand. I went to grab mine, but my hand wrapped itself around nothing but air. I must have dropped it back in the house, or maybe it made the three-storey drop instead of me.