Chapter Eighteen

Once I landed on the peroxide I grabbed another rag and fixed my gaze back onto Masky's face. My body went rigid in fear, his eyes were locked directly onto my own.

I just kept still and held his gaze, I didn't know what to do. I was scared if I moved I might set him off again. This time he was the one that broke eye contact. His gaze fell and he turned away from me, his face almost looked a little saddened. My mind was racing trying to think of something to say.

"Want me to finish up on the scratch?," I asked in a small voice,

He continued to face away from me for a couple of seconds, then he turned his head slightly, "Yea," He sounded so tired, I honestly felt an ache in my heart for him.

I nodded my head and grabbed the cloth soaked in peroxide, "This will sting," I said before pressing it onto the wound.

The only sign of any pain that he felt was a slight wince in his eyes. I didn't notice his eyes before but they were possibly my favorite thing about his whole face. They were deep and dark, they looked tired but with a glint of fire still burning in the chestnut color. He noticed me staring at him and looked right back at me. I quickly averted my gaze and looked at the rag that I held. I bit the inside of my cheek in embarrassment.

Focus, just focus on the rag, I told myself. I lifted the rag and put it on the ground. Then I searched for a band aid patch I could stick on the side of his face to keep the infection out. I finally landed on one and peeled the paper that protected the sticky part. I placed it on him and smiled at the work I did.

"Alright, I think that's the worst of them," I stated.

He nodded his head, "Yea..." He was silent before he mumbled out "Have you seen my mask?"

"Oh, let me get that," I turned around and took a quick glance at the table before I spotted the white mask, it had dried blood splattered on it. "You'll have to wipe the blood off," I said apologetically.

He placed the mask on his face quickly. Once he was done he let out a sigh, "Ok, let's grab your stuff before people spot us," I guided him to my room and grabbed the bag of crystals that I had bought all that time ago. Now, what clothes should I bring? I thought a second before I grabbed three pairs of jeans, two sweaters, three shirts and two hoodies. This should be enough for me to live with.

I looked around my room before I spotted the huge blanket I had gotten for my birthday last year. It was enormous and fluffy, it was my favorite blanket I owned. I tried to pick it up and stuff it in my arms but I was already carrying too much to hold that as well.

"I'll get the blanket," Masky said, he took it from me and threw it over his shoulder.

"Thanks," I said, "Do we leave now?"

"Yes," He spoke swiftly before heading out the door. As we neared the kitchen he stopped as soon as he noticed the broken door that laid in front of us.

He paused and turned back to face me, "Did I hurt you?" He asked softly.

"Not really," I mumbled

He turned his whole body towards me and looked down at me. "I did, didn't I," His voice sounded genuinely hurt,

"Just a little shove and stuff, nothing like the last times,"

He clenched his fist and nodded. As we stepped outside the chilly air engulfed our once warm selfs. I let out a little shutter from the sudden change in temperature.

"We need to hurry, it looks like it will start snowing soon," Mask stated as he looked up at the clouds.

I looked up as well and could definitely see the dark purple and blue clouds that were heading our way. We picked up our pace and started on the journey back to the house.