|18| akin to a god

Yeosang is fast.

Not in the way where he's everywhere at once, no, he's fast in the way where you can't touch him. No matter how hard Mingi throws a punch, Yeosang dodges every attack.

When his fist slices the air Yeosang wastes no time to move to the side in a swift motion, one foot behind the other, turning his body to the side. Mingi tried again, this time using his other hand yet met with the same reaction. To catch him off guard he threw a kick, yet his leg was met with cold empty air. Mingi huffed, "C'mon Yeo, quit playing defense. You're too good."

Yeosang chuckled politely but that was his only reply as Mingi started closing in on him, Yeosang twisted and turned, grabbed Mingi's arm only to have it swiped away, his moves fast but Yeosang's reflexes faster. However, his glory was not infinite, for Mingi caught him a moment too soon, causing him to lose his balance down onto the earth.

The blonde tumbled onto the thin grass, Mingi leering over him, shadowing him in failure. His grown out blonde locks fell away from his forehead which was laced in a small film of sweat. "Good move."

"You too," Mingi said and removed himself from above him, clasping his hand and helping the boy up, patting his shoulder as the younger got up with a groan. At this, the taller boy turned to you, who sat in the grass looking at the two with a dumbfounded look on your face. "Your turn, tootsie."

You stood up quick as he made his way towards you, " Actually , on second thought, I think I'm okay-"

"You're not getting away that easy." Yeosang grabbed your wrist and pulled you up, throwing you to where he was just brawling.

"No, really, you were doing a fantastic job at it yourself. I like just watching you do it." You tried to grab your arm back but he pulled it out of your reach.

"I have work to do, Aurora. If Hongjoong is left alone for too long he's bound to break something." At this, your eyes wandered to where the blue-haired leader was sitting on a beat-up red car, grease staining his cheeks and arms. He was scratching his head, his eyes blank like he was deep in thought. Something was perplexing him, which gave Yeosang the perfect outing.

"C'mon, I'll go easy on you." Mingi crossed his arms and tilted his head to the side, giving you a look. Your chest filled with dread but you wandered over to him nonetheless. He smiled cheerfully at your cooperation, "Good girl."

"Don't say that," You growled and held up your fists. Ignoring the comment, his eyebrows furrowed as his gaze fell to your wrists. "What is it?"

"Your fingers are wrong," He said. "Look, thumb goes on the outside, not the inside," Mingi took your hand in his, folding your fingers so your thumb was resting over the curve of your hand.

"Oh," You said dumbly, but shrugged it off. "Rookie mistake."

"Hella rookie. Just by looking at your stance I can tell you've never been in a real fight." He chuckled.

You looked down at yourself. "Hey. What's so wrong with it?"

"I'll show you what's wrong with it." He stood close to you and tapped your shoulder with his index finger, the force causing you to lose your balance and stumble backward. "You're tense and stiff. Loosen up," He showed you were your feet were supposed to go, grabbed your elbows and fixed your posture, shaking you to release your tension, just for good measure.

Training with Mingi was more so exhausting than educational. Your stamina killed you and you felt so out of breath, once he allowed you to you collapsed on the grass. Unexpectedly, you thoroughly enjoyed working out like this.

In your periphery, the tall man placed a hand on his hip and the other through his long, bright hair as he watched the forests edge. While you blinked lazily at the blue sky, Mingi put a hand over his eyes, squinting.