Odd feelings

Aurora

Aurora walked towards the library thinking that it would be the best place to find Matteo. He had been working all day and she only saw him during lunch when they ate together. She knew a man of his status had to be very busy, and that was what she respected.

The light was on and the yellow hue of the light peeked through the opening of the door. She pushed it open and stepped inside. She immediately spotted him sitting on the sofa with his right ankle resting on his left leg, swirling a glass of alcohol in his hand.

She found him extremely beautiful doing nothing but sitting on the sofa in his sleepwear, but wearing his reading glasses. It was unfair for him to look this good with no effort put in his appearance. She stepped closer towards him and alerted by her presence, he looked up at her.

She stopped suddenly. "Am I interrupting you?" she asked carefully.

His eyes did a quick once over on what she was wearing, making her squirm in her place. What she wore was very comfortable but at the same time revealed a bit too much of her legs and her chest area. It had become her favorite type of nightie to wear to bed, but this made her seem as if she was trying to be seductive.

He shook his head.

"Come here." he removed his right ankle from his leg and patted his lap.

She walked over to him and sat down on his lap. He used his arm to make her sit more comfortably on him and she felt herself relaxing into him.

"How was your day?" he asked her, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head.

"It was okay. How was yours? You seemed a bit busy."

He sighed. "There is just a few complications but nothing too major. I have been missing you all day."

She giggled. "You saw me at lunch."

"For what? Two seconds?"

She laughed at him and snuggled closer against his chest. She took his hand that rested on her hip and played with his fingers. She rotated the rings on his fingers and smiled when she saw the one she gifted to him on his ring finger.

She then noticed the book in his right hand.

"What are you reading?" she asked.

She felt him shrug his shoulder. "It was a gift from Reggie. I didn't have time to read it but now I have some time to read it. I should've known he would buy me something like this." he blew out a breath.

She looked up at him confused. "Something like what? Do you not like it?"

He looked into her eyes. "It's not that I don't like it, it's just...very mature."

"Mature?"

He looked at her deeply. Aurora didn't understand what he was talking about since they were both mature. Maybe not her but he was and a mature book should be about grown adults.

He smiled softly at her, placing a kiss against her forehead. "It's nothing, baby."

She frowned at him. "Please, tell me. I don't understand."

He shook his head. "It's just not a good book, okay?"

Mature wasn't good? Aren't those books for people who became adults and are now smart? For people who can understand big words?

"Mature is bad?" she tilted her head to the side.

"Mature is bad." he repeated.

Maybe he was lying to her. Maybe the book was very silly and he didn't want her to see that Reggie have him a terrible book. Maybe it was about science and that's why he said it's mature.