The truth

Aurora

"Leave it." she heard him say behind her.

She dropped the heavy metal stick that was in her hand. She didn't know what it was but it was extremely heavy and didn't know how he managed to lift these up. She moved away swiftly, as if the ground had burnt her feet.

Aurora watched him as he picked up the metal sticks and placed them back onto the rack she had tipped over. She watched as his back muscles flexed whenever he bent down and even moved slightly. The sweat trickled down his toned body and the glistening sight made her heart flutter.

The reason why she was down here was because she couldn't find anyone in the house. She thought that he might have left but when she passed through this area she heard rapid punching against something. She did not expect to see a half naked Matteo dripping with sweat and his hair sticking to his forehead, panting.

At that moment she forgot that she was scared of him. She forgot that he was a bad man, and all she saw was a normal person in front of her. An extremely good looking normal person picking up the metal sticks.

Why does he even need metal sticks?

After he was done clearing up the floor, he turned to her. "Are you hurt?"

She shook her head, mumbling a quiet "no" in response to his question. Matteo gave her a slight nod, the room filling with an awkward silence as no one said anything. The tension was still evident in the atmosphere, hanging above them like a suffocating thick cloud.

There were unspoken words between the two of them, so much they wanted to get out. She knew he wanted to explain himself and to be honest, it was surprising to know that he would give her closure.

She wasn't sure if she should say anything and by the look on Matteo's face, it showed that he wanted to say something too. He kept glancing at her, his mouth twitching but no sounds escaped his lips.

Alas he sighed. "Aurora we need to talk."

Her heart thumped harder and faster against her chest. She thought he might be the type to ignore the problem at hand so it shocked her.

"I-I have questions, Matteo." she said softly, looking up at him.

"I know. We'll talk in the kitchen after I have a shower, sí?"

She just gave him a nod, pursing her lips together. He hasn't moved yet and looked down at her while she did the same, just watching each other.

After a long minute, the two had separated with Matteo leaving the room to take a shower, and Aurora descended to the kitchen side.

While she waited for him, nibbling on some cookies she began to feel nervous. She was well aware that she was going to finally learn the truth about this man, that she had been living with for nearly a month. She didn't know if she wanted to hear what he had to say, but she knew it would only be fair if she understood who he truly was.

There were countless times where she wanted to ask Cordelia about her brother, but she didn't want to seem like some obsessed teenager. It would also be wrong to peer into someone's life without directly asking someone. It would be invading their life and she couldn't do that.

She was also too scared to ask him upfront what was going on. It was a relief to hear him say that they have to talk, and he would hopefully answer her questions.

Aurora heard footsteps behind her, knowing that it is him since they're the only two people in the house. She turned with the cookie in her mouth, her movements pausing the moment he walked into the kitchen. He didn't look at her since his goal was getting to the fridge, not seeing the wide eyes following him.