Stranger in the dark

Author here, hello :)
Please point out any mistakes in this chapter and I will correct it, thank you <3

There are no warnings in this book, mostly the warning you guys are expecting...

Walking down the streets of the deserted city, Aurora clutched the thin material of her jacket. There was no assured destination since  Aurora was not familiar with this town. Walking in the streets of an unfamiliar city might have irked her, but she needed the fresh air.

With the last minute plans to get out of her apartment, she didn't think for a good second to take her phone with her. There was a good chance of her getting lost so she did not have her cellphone with her to call the cops.

Aurora was only visiting this city for a week, she had to visit the hospital to have a meeting with a doctor. After meeting with the doctor and seeing if they are able to asses her better than the hospital where she stayed, she would move here permanently.

As she grumbled under her breath, spouting complete nonsense about her situation at home, Aurora noticed a park in the near distance. The park was vacant as far as she could see which urged her to walk towards the direction of the park. Having no one to bother her and some peace and quiet sounded really good right now for her.

Aurora made her way over to the swings and decided to have a seat on one of them. As far as she could remember, she doesn't remember much about visiting the park. Her childhood wasn't that depressing like in the movies, where the child was locked up in the house and homeschooled her entire life.

Aurora used to be normal. She just never spent that much time in a park for her love for flowers distracted her. She spent most of her time in the garden in their backyard, planting and growing different types of flowers. That was a futile attempt to make her forget about the darkened memories.

She shook her head to rid herself from those memories.

She just wished that there was someone out there for her to speak to.

Lifting her gaze from the ground, she looked up to the sky. As she lifted her head, she couldn't help but notice something in the corner of her eye. Aurora turned to her right to look over at the direction of the bench. The moment her eyes settled on the mahogany bench situated near the swing, Aurora froze.

Meeting her gaze, a man sat on the bench.

Until this very moment Aurora has not noticed him sitting there, which bothered her. She didn't realize that someone else was here in the park with her, let alone a man who looked to be a few years older than her. He must have been here before her but that didn't make sense to her.

She was supposed to notice him sitting there when she approached the swings, but clearly she didn't. There was not that much light to be able to see the man clearly, making it even harder for her, since everything about him was also dark.

Everything he had on, was black. From the black turtleneck he was wearing to the black pair of dress shoes on his feet. The solemn expression he had on his face while he was watching her made her feel uncomfortable. Aurora had her fair share of seeing emo's in her life but she was not one to judge anyone by their choice of clothing.

She took in what he was wearing. His clothes seemed to be really expensive, his shoes looked as if it was polished just a few seconds ago. She looked over to his side and saw that a blazer has been hanging on the arm of the bench. He most probably took it off which was very odd since it was a bit cold outside.

None of them moved.

Dark eyes clashed with green ones as their eyes met. The man didn't seem bothered as he noticed the girl had finally seen him sitting there, longer than she has by the way. He has been watching her now for the past five minutes just sitting there on the swing with a look on her face he knew all too well.