Chapter 9 : Spicy Ramen battle

Chan and Haein both came home with smiles on their faces. It was really an exhausting yet amazing day. "It's not fair! You're a pro player. I just started today," Haein pouted.

"I can't lose on purpose now. Don't worry. You'll get better with time. We can play again some other time. I'll teach you my tricks," Chan said to console Haein for losing. "Did you have fun though?" He asked.

"Is that even a question? Of course I did!" Haein smiled instantly.

He also smiled seeing her happy, "Glad you enjoyed. Now go wash up and then we'll eat."

"Okay." They both went to their respective rooms. Haein took a shower and put on her regular wear.

Then she went to the kitchen to look for something to eat

Then she went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. She searched through the cabinets and she found some cups of Buldak. She heard Chan's footsteps and understood he was coming from his room. She turned towards him with the cups in her hand and said, "Look what I found." He looked at the cups in her hand. "I always wanted to try these," she said while looking at the packets.

"Are you sure you wanna eat those? Those are pretty spicy," he looked concerned.

"I mean, there's nothing wrong with trying once. Do you wanna have some too?"

"Uhmm..."

"Oh wait, I remember. You can't handle spicy food, right? You'll probably start crying after eating this," she chuckled.

"Oh yeah? You think I'll cry?" He spoke with sass. "Are you challenging me?"

"No. But even if I did, we both know who would win."

"Oh please! Don't flatter yourself. I would never lose to a kid."

"A kid? Are you sure? Cause you're the one who puts milk in his ramen. Who's the real kid then?" Haein scoffed.

"Who told you that?" Chan narrowed his eyes.

"Oh come on, you said it yourself. It's everywhere on the internet. Anyways, let's do this. The first one to drink milk loses."

"Fine. Challenge accepted," he extended his hand towards her and she shook it. Then they both started making the ramen. They took a cup of original flavour and a cup of cream flavour. They poured hot water in the cups. Chan poured the spicy sauce. Harin could hear him crying while he did. Or was he laughing?

"Are you crying?" Haein asked.

"No, I'm just... excited..." he replied as he stirred the ramen.

They both sat infront of each other on the dining table, ready for the battle. They both had their chopsticks in their hands. They had tissues on the table too, just in case.

"So, are you ready?" She asked.

"Wait a sec," he got up from his chair and went to the kitchen. He was back in a few seconds with two small paper cups in his hands. He gave one to Haein. "Here, this will help to cool down the ramen."