9. Engagement

Shivaay

Riya is crying in my arms. She is on the edge of breaking down. I held her tight to my heart and kept rubbing her back. After a few minutes, she lifted her head and looked into my eyes. She finally spoke.

"He was like my son whom I failed to protect. He was my best friend's son and I lost all of them in the blink of an eye. I couldn't do anything other than see them die. Nik...Nik took his last breath in front of me staring into my eyes but I stood there like a helpless fool crying. I couldn't save my best friend, my brother, despite being a doctor. And I couldn't save Riyansh because I was a doctor. I had to go, Shivaay. I really didn't want to. But I had to because I had to save my other best friend. I thought his grandparents will look after him. But when I came back after four hours I lost him.  I lost my baby who's named after me. Whom I loved with all my existence. It's all my mistake. I couldn't save my baby."

"No Riya it's not your mistake. You didn't know that would happen."

"But I did know Nik's parents. Still, I believed that they would look after Riyansh. I thought they will cherish him after they lost their son. How could I forget what are they made of."

"Stop blaming yourself, Riya. None of this is your mistake."

I pulled her closer into a tight hug. After she calm down we went back to our car.

I wanted to tell her that Druv is her Riyansh but I couldn't trust anyone when it concerns his safety.  

"I will tell her when I completely trust her," I  said to myself. But deep down I know that she is not going to cause any harm to my baby. "You trust her Idiot." My conscience mocked me.

The remaining drive was silent. We reached the airport where my private plane is waiting for us. I woke up Riya who was sleeping like a baby. I was ready to carry her in my arms if doesn't wake up but to my disappointment, she woke up almost immediately.

"We are here," I said.

"Okay." She said in a sleepy tone and got out of the car.  We walked into the airport and went straight to our plane. 

We boarded the plane and made Druv sleep on the bed. 

"Are you okay?" I asked Riya.

"Yeah. I'm completely fine. "

"I'll go change." I went to change. I'm still in my suit and I want to change into something comfortable but not too much comfortable which makes Riya uncomfortable.

I scanned through my luggage and pulled out a T-shirt.

I wore track pants to match it and went to Riya

I wore track pants to match it and went to Riya. She is looking at me with admiration.

Riya

Shivaay went to change his clothes and came out after a while. He came out and casually sat in front of me. I couldn't take my eyes off him. He looks good in those suits too but this look is completely killing. His tee is having half sleeves and it's hugging his body so tight that it gives a perfect picture of his abs underneath. His arms look so strong and he is looking like the literal meaning of drop-dead handsome right now. When I realized I was lost in him so much I swiftly turn my head to look away. But I'm very sure that he saw me looking at him like he's some chocolate I want to have.