4.She's my best friend

Riya

I saw a cute little boy walking down the stairs.

"Good Morning!" I greeted him.

He open his eyes and started looking at me like he is confirming something. He then started running towards me. He wrapped his hands around my neck. I was taken aback by his reaction but returned his sweet gesture by hugging him back.

He took his seat next to me. His expression is the same as mine when I saw that salad.

"Don't like it?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Let's go cook something delicious then."

"Yes!" He shouted in excitement and started running into the kitchen dragging me.

"Do you want something madam?" The cook asked.

"No we will cook by ourselves. Right..." He looked at me with his puppy eyes confused how to address me.

"Riya. And yes baby we will cook by ourselves. But on one condition."

"What conbition." He asked innocently.

"Condition dear not conbition. And the condition is you will say me your name and give me a kiss."

"Druv!" He kissed my cheek. I kissed him back and asked the cook to leave us alone and continue with his other works.

"Okay Druv what should we make now?"

"Pancakes."

"Okay pancakes here we come."

We chatted when  I made the pancakes for him.

Shivaay

I came to my office with Rahul following me. He took out a pen drive from his pocket and inserted it into the laptop. We started looking at the footage trying to get clues about the person behind the attack on me. We noticed that the attacker was texting someone before he attacked me. I asked Rohan to find out who he was texting. 

Rahul nodded and went out. I went back to my room and got ready for the office.

Then I went to my little devil's room to say bye like every day. But when I got in I noticed that the room is empty. 

He must be downstairs.  Oh no! Riya is downstairs too. I hope he will not get scared of her. He was very social until he lost his parents. After the death of Nisha and Manik, he is scared of other people and gets panic attacks. That's the reason I didn't hire anyone after that incident except his teacher to whom he got habituated nearly after 6 months. I don't let anyone inside my home whom he doesn't know. But now Riya is in my home and he doesn't know her at all.

I rushed down to stop them from meeting each other. I can't see my baby having those panic attacks again. But what I saw in the kitchen is quite the opposite and amusing.

My little devil is sitting on the counter and tucking Riya's hair behind her ear while she is making pancakes. The sweet aroma filled the area. But the scene in front of my eyes is more sweet. My Lil devil is laughing at her jokes. He didn't laugh so heartfully in a long time. I was standing there observing them. Riya noticed me.

"Want some pancakes?"

"Daddy!" That little devil started waving his hands calling me to give him a hug. I walked into the kitchen and hugged him tight.

"Your pancakes smell so nice."

"They taste good too." She answered. But she doesn't look as happy as she was before.

"I want some." Druv tried to get one pancake.

"They are hot baby. Let me feed it." Riya took the plate and tore a small piece of cake and blew it before feeding it to him.

"Yummy!"

"Have some more."

They both look so good together. 

"Aren't you scared of her Druv?" I asked him cuz he never reacted normally when he saw someone new.

"Excuse me? Do I look scary?" 

She looks so angry with my statement. "I didn't mean..." 

"Yeah, whatever."  she took off the apron and left without letting me complete my words.

"Is she angry?" I asked turning back to Druv.

"Yes, she is. You made my best friend angry Dad."

"When did she become your best friend devil? And aren't you scared of new people?"

"I'm not scared of her. I love her dad."

What spell did she cast on my five-year-old that she became his best friend in one day? I can see that they both looked so comfortable with each other. But she is angry with me.

"Dad you spoiled her mood so you should make her happy."

"As you command my lil devil. But now I'm getting late for work."

"Bye, Dad." He gave me a kiss on my cheek and hugged me.

I kissed him back and left for my work.

Riya

I came back to the room where I slept last night and threw myself on the bed. I am feeling so hurt but I don't know why. How can he ask Druv if he is scared of me? Am I some devil or ghost that he will get scared of me? 

My phone buzzed with a message sound. It's from my dad.

"Reached safely princess." 

Whatever the mood I'm in one text or call from him can make me feel great.

I quickly typed a reply and sent it with a heart attached to it.

I changed into my original clothes and went to Druv to bid him GoodBye.

"Riya!" He waved looking at me with happiness in his eyes.

"Hi, baby. I'm here to say Bye to you." His face dropped. He looked at me with his puppy eyes as if he is requesting me to stay.

"Don't worry baby you can call me every day and I'll come to meet you whenever you want."

"Promise?"

"Pinky Promise."

"You are my best friend Riya."

"And you are my best baby Druv. I love you." I kissed both his cheeks before hugging him. I don't know why but he reminds me of my best friend whom I lost a year ago.

I didn't want to wait until Shivaay comes back so I just left a note thanking him for his hospitality.

I left the mansion in my car.