18. Disagreement

Riya

I took the glasses back to the kitchen and washed them before starting to cook the dinner. I washed the vegetables and kept the raw rice to soak. When I was done drying the vegetables, I started chopping them. Soon, I felt two hands hugging me from the back and a smile made its way to my lips when he tugged me closer.

"Did you want something, Shivaay?" I asked. I know he's here for me but I want to hear it from him. I felt him smile on my shoulder and soon I felt a kiss there.

"Hmm, I wanted my girlfriend. Can I get her?" He asks, his voice a mere whisper near my ear, and the way his breath fanned my earlobe made my legs go weak and I held the kitchen counter to save myself from falling to the ground. It gave him a chance to push me forward and now I am caged between him and the kitchen counter with no gap between us. His front is pressed to my back.

"Shivaay..." I dragged his name not knowing what to say. I want him to stay and leave at the same time. This man will make me go mad and keep me sane at the same time.

"Hmm," He hmmed as his nose grazed the side of my neck and I felt his lips on my jaw. His lips parted a little making my jaw wet and they stayed there for a long moment before I felt his tongue licking there and I held his hands that were wrapping me as I fell back on his chest. 

His kisses moved from my jaw to the side of my neck and then to the back of my ear. My breath has become uneven by now and I started feeling light-headed. He moved my hair to my left shoulder and started peppering kisses on the back of my neck while I straightened my shoulders and goosebumps erupted all over my back as his lips occasionally parted, leaving a little wetness as he continued his kissing. 

"Mumma, papa..." Druv's voice broke my trance and I pushed Shivaay away, it was an easy task as he was carried away by the moment and was still in a daze. He gave me a displeased glare before picking up Druv and placing him on the counter. 

I turned to my work and chopped the vegetables while Shivaay helped me do the same. Once we were done, I asked him to help me with the placement of ingredients and thankfully, they were all arranged in the same place. 

"What are you cooking, mumma?" Druv asks from his place, excitement evident on his face.

"How about Pulao and Aloo Kurma? I will make roti too. " I ask him and he nods happily. I fed him a piece of carrot and he munched on it happily. 

"What about me?" Shivaay asked from behind, his lips pulled out in a pout as he tried to act hurt. This man! I fed him a bite and that man dared to bite my finger. I glared at him before retrieving my finger and getting back to my work but that man just smirked in reply.

"Who is teaching Druv now? I mean that woman..." I trailed off not wanting to word out those horrible things. Shivaay placed a kiss on Druv's forehead who was busy playing with his rubrics cube and hugged me from back. This time it was not a romantic hug but a hug that seeks comfort and peace.

"I don't know. He never lets people near him. That's the reason I kept my security before that mishap as his security and ordered the others not to enter the building but now after that woman, I doubt if he would let anyone else come close to him," He expressed his worry and a sigh left his lips once he was done explaining. 

My Riyaansh used to smile at even strangers. He used to play with anyone who smiled at him and his giggles used to fill the room with happiness. He was such a social butterfly that the entire colony of Nik used to come home to play with him and now my baby is not even allowing a single person near him. 

"We will teach him then," I decided to take matters into my own hands. I don't want my baby to suffer more nor I can trust anyone with him with all the threats lurking around him. Manik's enemies are after him and Shivaay is after them. It is better to keep him away from outsiders as much as possible until it settles.

"Are you sure you can manage both your work and him? You are a doctor, Riya. I can leave my work and stay home at times but your work doesn't give you that flexibility." He puts forth his concerns. But I have decided to prioritize my family. 

"I am thinking of taking a break," As soon as those words left my mouth he turned me around and his eyes held fury with care hidden behind it. I know it's not easy to leave something that you are passionate about but I have also promised Nik and Nisha that I would not let Druv face the slightest discomfort and that promise is more important than my life for me.

"You are not doing any such stupidity. I am not going to let you throw all your years of hard work into fire for us." His voice was low but intimidating. It made me feel scared but I put on a brave facade and replied to him nonchalantly.

"I am. I want to do this," I stood my ground and his eyes turned darker as he fisted his hands to control his anger. The whistle from the cooker diverted us and we both parted away, glaring at each other. 

"Time for dinner, Druv!" I put him down and he ran into the dining room. I was about to take the pan down when Shivaay held my wrist in a tight grip and turned me around. Now, we are facing each other.

"This is not over, Riya. We will discuss it later," He hissed and stomped out of the room, irritated. I understand his concern towards me and my career but we cannot risk our baby either. I can start my practice once everything settles and I have to make him understand about it but it doesn't look like an easy task given his anger.

Once I placed the dishes on the table, Shivaay pushed me onto the chair softly and started serving all of us. Druv insisted on getting fed by me and I happily obliged. I blew some air on the morsel to cool it down and fed him a bite. I can feel Shivaay's gaze on me while feeding Druv and that made me smile inwardly.

I forwarded the next morsel to Shivaay and he took it into his mouth without any protest.  Then he fed me a bite from his plate and we three completed our dinner with me feeding the father-son duo and Shivaay feeding me. 

Once we were done with dinner, I and Shivaay tucked Druv in his room and Shivaay read a story to Druv who laid his head in my lap. I admired the bond they both shared while my fingers caressed Druv's hair. Once Druv drifted into slumber, we both placed a kiss on his forehead and moved out.

Shivaay pulled me to his room as soon as we were out of Druv's room. It's time for the talk I guess. I just hope I can convince him to let me do this.