14. Video

Shivaay

"He... he is our Riansh!" she said with tears rolling down her cheeks. My world stopped for a moment. How does she know that he is Riyansh? I wanted to tell her when the right time comes but now she knows Druv is her Riyansh. Rudra peppered kisses all over Druv's face with tears in his eyes. He pulled Riya into a hug. The three stayed like that for some time.

"Riyu... when did you find out?" Rudra asked hugging Druv tightly like he will disappear if he leaves him.

"Dhruv said me himself today." She said ruffling Dhruv's hair. But why did he say her? He didn't say the truth to either Riya or me when she first came to our home. He never spoke about it till today then why did he reveal it today?

"I am sorry papa. I thought bad uncles will take away Riya bua so I didn't say anything to you both. But today when they came to attack us I called her Bua in fear and said everything." He said holding his ears. It's not his mistake. I failed to keep the threat away from him. Again!

"No bachha! It's not your mistake. Don't get scared again. Papa will always save you." I said hugging him to my chest. He giggled throwing his arms around my shoulders.

"You didn't know about us being Nik... I mean Manik's bestfriends?" Rudra asked looking at me. What am I supposed to say? Should I say that I didn't trust them even after knowing how much Manik and Nisha valued them? Should I say them that I didn't reveal the truth even after Riya cried her heart out holding me in guilt of something which never happened? My trance broke when Riya answered his question.

"No Rudy! He doesn't." She said without any emotion. She neither looked at me nor talked to me since then. What is going on in her mind? Is she hurt, angry, or disappointed in me?

"Riya..." I was cut off before I could speak. She asked all of us to leave her alone saying she wants to rest. I came out of her room having no other option.

"We need to talk!" Rudra said looking at Riya's room door which is closed now. I nodded my head and he asked me to meet him in his room after dinner. 

Everyone came for dinner in the evening except one. The person I am dying to talk to. I want to clear things between us but she never came out of her room after sending us out. I looked around trying to find if she had changed her mind but she didn't show up.

"Where is Riya?" Rudra's mother asked.

"She said she is not feeling well ma. She rejected even drinking milk." Tanya said. Why is she not eating? Is it because I hurt her? God! What I have done?

"I'll feed her later maa. You all have your food." Rudra said. Everyone nodded their heads and started having their dinner but I am unable to concentrate on the food. How can I? When I know I am the reason why she is starving. She didn't have her lunch either.

I went to Rudra's room after making Druv sleep as he requested. He is looking at some papers. My knock broke his trance and he smiled weekly at me.

"I wanted to show you something." He said forwarding an envelope to me. I opened it and saw a pen drive and a few documents.

Rudra inserted the pen drive into his laptop and played a video. It's a video of Manik and Nisha.

"Hey, Rudy man, and my dear sweet cupcake!" Manik said with a wide smile waving his hands.

"Hi, bhayya!" Nisha said.

"If you people are watching this video it means either one of us or both of us are dead. I know the mafia is behind me and a few of my own department people are helping them. Yesterday's attack on Nisha and Riyansh is clear evidence of that. But luckily Riya reached there and helped them escape. But I can't depend on luck always. I asked Nisha to stay at your place for some time Shivaay but she is not ready to leave me. I am sorry for not being able to convince your sister to leave me. 

I will send those bastards behind bars within a week. But, if something happens to me then I want you to punish them Shivaay. I want you to bring justice to the people who lost their lives, families, and lives because of those bastards. I want you to fulfill the mission I started. " said Manik.

"And Riya, I want you to take care of our Riyansh. I know how you fought for Riyansh and me when everyone wanted me to abort our baby due to the complications in my pregnancy. You fought with your two best friends and even didn't talk to them for months when it was impossible for you to stay away from them even for days. You are his guardian angel Riya. I know you will always protect my son and love him like your own. So, if at all anything happens to me then take care of our little hero. I can't trust this stupid husband and idiot brother of mine to handle him. " Nisha said with tearful eyes.

"So, we are giving our two biggest responsibilities to both of you. And Rudy I am giving the responsibility of my sister our best friend Riya to you. She is your responsibility now. Protect her from every danger, every heartbreak, and every bad thing. And take care of yourself too duffer. Don't get into fights unnecessarily. I won't be there to protect you. So, be careful. And keep my two babies safe." Manik said with tears in his eyes.

"We will miss you guys but we will always be with you, around you in your happiness and smiles! Be happy guys!" Both of them said at once and the video ended.

I looked at Rudra who is wiping his tears. I opened the envelope which is having Dhruv's custody papers in which his legal custody is handed over to Riya.

"She doesn't know. I didn't want her to feel more guilty than she already was. " He answered looking into space.

"When did you get these?" I asked.

"On the day they both died. When Nisha was murdered I got a text from Nik asking me to go to his flat and open his cupboard. I did as I was told. I didn't know about her death at that time. When I came out of their home I got a call saying Nisha is dead and Nik's phone went unreachable after that. After 2 hours his subordinate called and said Manik was dead. They both were on call when Nisha died and he was raging with anger. He knew he was the next target. He sent me the message and went to kill that bastard before he dies but he lost his life. When I came to know about his death I drove my car exceeding the speed limit and met with an accident. I slipped into a coma for 6 months. When I came out of the coma it took 4 months to search for you. I tried to meet you but something or the other happened. I wanted to talk to you after marriage when I saw you here." Rudra said wiping his tears. 

"You knew about Dhruv?" I asked him. Does he know?

"No, Riya said she checked his birth certificate. But I always had a doubt. Because Nisha never mentioned you getting married. But, I didn't want to give hope to Riya which can break her further. " He said chuckling sadly.

"I am sorry! I was concerned about his safety. That's why I changed his details and certificates. I erased his real identity." I said wiping my own tears.

"I can understand. I showed this video to you because they wanted us to see it. Let us show this to Riya tomorrow. I will go and make her eat something first." He said to which I nodded. The pen drive he gave has many details of their mafia secret hideouts. I will destroy them but first I need to pacify Riya and make her talk to me.