12- Home

Screenshot from the anime
The pictures in the story are mostly to display the types of outfits other vampires wear. I do believe I specified hair colors and unless specified otherwise, the outfits would be mostly or completely white.

Lest's POV

I shot blood at cameras to block their view of me as I ran through the halls, listening.

"I wanna be with momma! Let me be with momma!" I stopped and shot the cameras watching Mizuki's room. I sighed in relief and spoke to the door softly.

"Mizuki. Can you hear me?" She gasped and cheered. "Who's that? But you know my good name... What are you doing here?" She cheered and I nodded. "Mizuki, it's Uncle Lest. Step back from the door. I'm taking you out of here." She stepped back before she cheered.

"Okay! I'm away from the door!" I put my cane to the bolts on the door handle before shooting them, forcing it open. I sighed in relief and pushed it open.

Mizuki was hesitant, likely due to the gunshots, but cheered once she saw me. She ran to me and hugged me when I knelt down to her. I was surprised, since I just meant to take her hand, but I sighed and stood up, taking her with me, and spoke.

"Have they hurt you, Mizuki?" She just cried and hugged me. "I'm scared..." "It's okay. We'll be back to (Y/n)'s base soon." I closed the door and forced it to stay shut before speaking to her.

"Mizuki. Look at me." I set her down and she did as I told. She wiped her tears and looked.

"Huh..? Uncle Lest?" "You're going to stay with (Y/n) now, regardless of what she says." She nodded and smiled. "Okay. I'm happy. Does momma not want me there?" "She does. She misses you now. But she thinks you're better here, though I know otherwise." She nodded and smiled as she stared at me. Other humans began rushing here and I just kept her attention on me as they couldn't open the door right now. I did send a shot of blood out though, since I knew the speed of those helicopters.

"I'm happy! Can we go home? Please?" I nodded and spoke as I pat her head. "We will. But know something, we will lie to her." I sighed as I was slightly nervous. She was confused and mumbled.

"Momma told me it's not good to lie..." "Well, it is this time." She listened and I spoke. "We're going back to the base after this. But, when (Y/n) asks," I knelt down and stared at her, "you escaped this place on your own. You tricked the people running this place and I found you outside. Okay?" She nodded and spoke as she tilted her head to the side.

"Okay... Why are we telling it to momma?" "If she finds I came to the human base alone and snuck here, I might die. (Y/n) wants us safe. Even if you aren't happy here and she feels lonely now." She nodded and smiled.

"Okay! So... I was able to leave on my own! And Uncle Lest found me outside! Okay!" I nodded and picked her up.

"Cover your ears." She did so and I pointed my cane to the large window-wall thing and shot.

It shattered and the glass fell down before I fixed my cane to my belt and took off my hat. "Mizuki. Hold this tightly please." She hugged it and I nodded before jumping away just as the door slammed open.

"Vampire! The girl is taking Kiran!" I was annoyed but left and protected Mizuki. She whimpered and clung to me as she held my hat tightly still.

Luckily, Crowley came by with the helicopter just in time. The back opened and I went in, unfortunately by needing to roll. I sat up and grumbled as I dusted my clothes off.

"Good job Crowley! How are you Mizuki?" She looked up and teared up.

"My arm hurts..." I lightened my grip and checked before sighing. "I'm sorry. I think I dislocated or broke it. We'll get it checked out at the base." She nodded and cried but stood up and put my hat on.